Thread: Remo Series Dual Slider Percussion Strap

User Info Menu

Cool Remo Series Dual Slider Percussion Strap

If--like me--you think the only way to walk and play drums at the same time is to throw a strap over your shoulder like Desi Arnaz on "I Love Lucy," you've discovered it looks cool, but it hurts like (fill in your own expletive) and you have trouble hitting some rimshots where the strap gets in the way.

The Remo Series Dual Slider percussion strap, which I purchased this week, solves that problem and looks cool doing it. How does it look on me? Just look at the new av picture of yours truly banging merrily away on my ol' black fiberglass CP conga; it looks like my grandpa's suspenders but feels extremely comfortable.

The high-strength 3" black nylon straps look something like the handles you find on lightweight backpacks or briefcases; in my testing, it supported my heavy wooden African djembe as well as the CP conga with little stress on either the strap or my back. What Remo describes as "ergonomic design" and a patented "floating stress continuum" is how.

Getting it adjusted is a little tricky at first, but step-by-step instructions, complete with pictures of Remo artist Kevin Ricard, made it easy to follow. Basically, you slip into the straps as though you were putting on suspenders, then adjust the end connectors to fit the strap to your body (easy even for yours truly, whose profile looks something like a djembe itself!). Attach your drum to the strap hooks, make adjustments to accommodate your drum and your back, and you're ready to go.

The adjustment strap twisted easily (like a seat belt caught in its retractor) when yanked or jerked, but it's easily untwisted. The Dual Slider comes in two sizes: Medium and Large. If you have a gut in front of you--beer or otherwise--buy the Large size. I tried the Medium at Guitar Center and it was a bit too tight. Curiously, the smaller strap retailed in-stock for $25.95 at Guitar Center; the large strap had to be special ordered but cost $15.95 (plus $5.50 for shipping and handling). It's possible the large strap cost less because supplies may be limited, so check before ordering (the salesman wasn't sure if one was available!).

This "slider" hits a home run with the bongobro--and I think it's a great accessory for hand drummers who'd rather stand than sit while rockin' the conga, the djembe, or most any single hand drum!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: Remo Series Dual Slider Percussion Strap

Great Pic!!!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Remo Series Dual Slider Percussion Strap

Great Product For A Deserving Dude... It Looks Wonderful On Ya Bro!!!!Congrats!!!!Maybe I Should Get One For My Kazoo Now Dat I've Found A Road Case For It!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!