Thread: My Band

User Info Menu

Default My Band (UPDATED WITH PICTURES!)

We're a 3 piece classic rock/ prog rock/ prog metal band called "Dynamic System." haven't played any real shows yet, but we've only been together for a little over a year. Our two "quality" recordings are "Left and Right" and "Epsilon," which were done in my garage on a 4 channel mixer haha. "Greatest Escape" is our signature song, although that recording is through one mic, and i had my old horrible drumset. So yea, give the songs a listen, and ignore the incredibly sloppy and bad section on epsilon right before the 11/8 guitar solo.

www.myspace.com/dynamicsystem

enjoy!
    Last edited by Nate1647; 12-17-2008 at 05:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: My Band

Listening to the first track as I write. Great fiffage. Nice, a real guitarist.

User Info Menu

Epsilon Experimetal - Man, I really like your guitarists solo chops.

I did just notice that two of you have your instruments resting on the grass in that pic. TERRIBLE! Never, never, never let your mighty axe touch the ground, especially something as moisture filled as grass. Tell those two knuckleheads they just won pink, XXS "I Luv Keytars" t-shirts!

User Info Menu

On Left and Right now. I'm really impressed with the sound you young guys deliver from a three piece. It's great to hear guitar rock comming from the new generation of musicians.

User Info Menu

the first song "Greatest Escape" is unnecessarily epic

Left and Right is really good nice vibe....i think you your vocalist needs some backing and the outro needs a lot of work

im shure the songs have changed since you put them up...

you sound a lot like kyuss ....keep up that alt dessert rock feel man it rocks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    the first song "Greatest Escape" is unnecessarily epic

Left and Right is really good nice vibe....i think you your vocalist needs some backing and the outro needs a lot of work

im shure the songs have changed since you put them up...

you sound a lot like kyuss ....keep up that alt dessert rock feel man it rocks
    we actually wrote greatest escape to be kind of an epic prog metal song, if we play out we almost never play all of it. the version we play live is only about 5 minutes long. Although we have since written a piece about 20 minutes long that is deliberatly poking fun at all those epic rockers of the late 70's :P

Left and right, we were just going for a very simple ending that was still technically part of the chorus, just a basic way to end a basic song.

thanks guys

User Info Menu

Im catching up on threads today , I really like Left and Right . Some pretty good work for a young 3 pc band .

User Info Menu

sorry for the bump but we played our first "real" show on friday night. the crowd loved us! All those house parties and rehearsing really paid off, cause when we played live it really just felt like we were running through a practice. even my drum solo flowed out of my very nicely. we got so many compliments and the bar has already called us back to play again. it was awesome

User Info Menu

Don't appolgize, Nate. It gave me a chance to go back and listen to your band again. I can see why you guys would be a hit. Congratulations and keep stretching out.

User Info Menu

Good news with the gig, Nate!

You guys sound good. Not hearing much Rush or Triumph or anything like that in your music.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

thanks you guys! we just had another show at a local auditorium. here's some of my favorite pics

User Info Menu

there's the rest of them