Thread: Drum Program/ Recording Problems

User Info Menu

Default Drum Program/ Recording Problems

My band is starting to record and we use audacity. Well, its not really working too well for us to say the least. If anyone has any tips to make drum recordings using Audacity to sound better or and other good (hope fullly free) online drum programs or a better recording program PLEASE tell me.

Thank you!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Program/ Recording Problems

Wow i have exactly the same problem. For my the sound quality is good enough but when we try and record each part separately onto a different track audacity doesn't make it in sync. So i recorded the drums first and when my guitarist played it went like out of sync, out of time. Pretty annoying. I know its not to do with us as i have also tried recording things separately on Ukulele and drums and it has the same problem. I got cubase now though so im gonna try get that working but it still sucks.

User Info Menu

Sorry, I am so behind in technology. I like to sit in a control booth, with everything at my fingers and record live. Overdubs later. I hate to admit this but I was spoiled in school with DAT. These computer programs are so GREEK to me. I would need to really sit and learn, but I also need time and money to keep my house going.

User Info Menu

They arnt really very complicated at all. With audacity you literally download it, open it up and press record (considering the mics have been put in by some means)

User Info Menu

is the "out of sync" happening after the tracks are recorded or are you talking about "latency"? This is when there is a delay between what you are hearing and what you are playing.

Tell us about your recording setup. What interface are you using? How are you set up?
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post
    is the "out of sync" happening after the tracks are recorded or are you talking about "latency"? This is when there is a delay between what you are hearing and what you are playing.

Tell us about your recording setup. What interface are you using? How are you set up?

I think its the former as when you play it sounds in sync but afterwards it just isnt. When i tested it on my own (to see if there was a problem) i just recorded drums through my mixer into audacity and recorded Uke after in time with it. When i played it back it sonded all outta time, yet at the time i was recording it it sounded perfect. We had the same problem at bp as well. Im pretty sure its not my drumming

User Info Menu

My advice is to start here at the audacity forum

www.audacityteam.org
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Cool cheers. Ive tried again and it seems good. Im gonna record a song for our band to play. Cheers for the help