Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My band - Groove metal

User Info Menu

Default My band - Groove metal

Hey everyone, I have just entered a new band. And i want to hear everybody's opinion and advice

Its only 1 month old. We are currently recording our first EP. (first track up!)

www.myspace.com/undecideddxb
    Tovaste 7pc drumset
    Zildjian14"Hihat
    Zildjian16"Crash
    Meinl16"ThinCrash
    Sabian10"Splash
    Sabian18"China
    Meinl20"Ride

User Info Menu

Default Re: My band - Groove metal

The band sounds tight, except for the guy doing the Cookie Monster impersonation. How that goofy "singing" style ever got past being laughed off the stage is beyond me. I also liked the guitar solo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris View Post
    The band sounds tight, except for the guy doing the Cookie Monster impersonation. How that goofy "singing" style ever got past being laughed off the stage is beyond me.
    I'm with you on this RD. I just don't get it.

User Info Menu

listen to the deeper meaning of the grunting and growling peeps, come on its getting tiring you guy's constantly knocking these futuristic visionary vocalists and expert liricists.

but seriously, the band sounds tight, but the guy with the sore throat who is obviously gargling mouthwash and eating a banana while setting fire to his underpants should really find something he is actually good at..
    how can anyone take that seriously is beyond me.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Rat, you kill me!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post

but seriously, the band sounds tight, but the guy with the sore throat who is obviously gargling mouthwash and eating a banana while setting fire to his underpants should really find something he is actually good at..
    how can anyone take that seriously is beyond me.
    Man, I thought I was going to get flamed for being too harsh. You guys are going to bring out the worst in me.

A band that good should find a real singer.

User Info Menu

Im glad I bring joy .

dont get me wrong though rami I liked the band I guess I just cant fathom how anyone could stand more than one song of that demonic grunting, seriously how can u stand to have that rusty chainsaw sound squealing against the pulse you have going? I dont get it.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

I'm sorry man, I loved it up until 0:28... Then had to kill it. The band sounds together and talented but geez do those vocals have to go.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Alright thanks guys for all the honest opinions and support. Well the vocalist is also the bassist of the band, and hes pretty good at it. Hes been practicing vocal skills for only about a month now.
    BTW, we are almost finished with recording our second song!(wayyyy better than the first song in my opinion). I will keep you upto date:D
    Tovaste 7pc drumset
    Zildjian14"Hihat
    Zildjian16"Crash
    Meinl16"ThinCrash
    Sabian10"Splash
    Sabian18"China
    Meinl20"Ride

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=RamiDrummer;118693] Hes been practicing vocal skills for only about a month now.

oh!!

thats funny stuff,

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamiDrummer View Post
    . Hes been practicing vocal skills for only about a month now.
    D
    Here's some heavy singers that with real skills and talent that he might want to check out. These guys capture the real feel of anger, if that's what you guys are looking for.

David Draiman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKFIedvbAik

Dio
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ_FgL5l1og

Rob Halford
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU7sB...eature=related

Bruce ****inson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBY9Q39C1bs

User Info Menu

Rami , Im not much of a metal fan , in fact Im gonna kick my neighbors dog on the way out to anger managment classes after listening to that song .

If I just listen to the music without the lyrics ,I think you got some real good chops goin for ya , and the keytar p;layers are good too .

Good luck to ya with the new band ,you guys got some good instrumental stuff going on there .

User Info Menu

Whys everybody bashing the vocalist. I think hes actually pretty damn good. Metal is surprisingly a hard genre to sing and i think he pulls it off. The music wouldn't sound as good with lighter singing, it wouldnt fit the genre.

Anyways, good recording and song!

User Info Menu

True, using your voice like that may be difficult to do, but it still sounds like crap. It would be really hard for me to play with hammers as fast as I can, but it would still sound like crap.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Hey everyone, I have just entered a new band. And i want to hear everybody's opinion and advice

Its only 1 month old. We are currently recording our first EP. (first track up!)

www.myspace.com/undecideddxb
    HOLA como esTas RAMIDRUMMER MI AMIGO CRETIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMERARTIST (CAT) VERY cool *your ARTISTRY compliments the OTHER ARTIST **I added you cats ON My space
    www.myspace.com/sticksextremxx

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Stan View Post
    Whys everybody bashing the vocalist. I think hes actually pretty damn good. Metal is surprisingly a hard genre to sing and i think he pulls it off. The music wouldn't sound as good with lighter singing, it wouldnt fit the genre.

Anyways, good recording and song!
    HOLA como estas MYSTERIOUS STAN Mi amigo CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) FORSURE *GREAT POINT *WHAT EVER SORKS for THE CREATIVE OPEN MIND ARTIST is ALL GREAT within their OWN UNIQUE *STYLE) (ARTISTRY) within their ARTISTIC JOURNEYS * GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Because we were asked to express our opinion and give advise. Because some of us think that vocal style is a joke. Because some of us think that style does not capture a heavy vibe any more that balloon animals, Pixy Sticks, or pink, XXS "I Luv Keytar" t-shirts.

Why is it so hard to read the original query and understand the overal thread?

Oh, as far as that style being so hard, here's the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU5oLKI-PqU LOL!

User Info Menu

oh man, roaddebris, the screen has gone all blurry coz of the tears in my eyes. sooooooooooooooo funny. You are just dying to get flamed arent ya. hehehehehehehe
    hahahahahahaha
    Im crying.
    Really you young metal peeps,............dont get old.

Just to make sure I wasnt just having a negative bias I had another listen to the track , I think the problem is that I just cannot understand one single word the guy is grunting, plus there is so much effects on the vocal track , in places it sounds like 10 people are growling or chewing razor blades!!!
    Is the listener NOT supposed to understand any words of this tune? is that the idea or am I just past my best!! and go easy with the responses.
    Last edited by ratmycue; 10-12-2008 at 09:17 AM.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    oh man, roaddebris, the screen has gone all blurry coz of the tears in my eyes. sooooooooooooooo funny. You are just dying to get flamed arent ya. hehehehehehehe
    hahahahahahaha
    Im crying.
    Really you young metal peeps,............dont get old.
    Hehe! Bring 'em!

User Info Menu

It fits the genre though. It would be like getting Britney Spears to sing an iron maiden or alice in chains song, it wouldn't capture the emotion or anything and wouldn't fit. I think angry vocals are fitting to an angry and heavy sounding song. But i can see why people wouldn't like that style of vocals, everybody has their own personal tastes and opinions which are all as valid as each other.

User Info Menu

I think angry vocals are fitting to an angry and heavy sounding song.
    I agree that anger is a legitimate emotion to be expressed in music. I don't find the Cookie Monster vocal style to be very expressive of this thought/feeling, however. It sounds pathetic or laughable. I have heard it used as a cool vocal effect by Disturbed, though. It's like the singing version of a cowbell or wah pedal. If some idiot came out and played the cowbell exclusively and non-stop, what kind of moron would applaud such a "genre" as expressive of any particular emotion, other than annoying.

User Info Menu

Well, our vocalist is actually more of a death metal musician. He needs to work on it, but in my opinion that is pretty amazing for a person whose been singing for only a month or so. And comon guys, growling isn't that akward, it is heard alot(Lamb Of God anyone?). Thanks for all the advice everyone:D
    Our second song is almost done, just need to record the vocals now, we got all the lyrics down. Well, I don't know how to explain how the vocals will be, but its gonna sound something like All That Remain's vocals(screaming, growling, with soft singing) what do you think??
    Tovaste 7pc drumset
    Zildjian14"Hihat
    Zildjian16"Crash
    Meinl16"ThinCrash
    Sabian10"Splash
    Sabian18"China
    Meinl20"Ride

User Info Menu

what do you think??
    I figure a lot of these bands play this style because they can't get a real vocalist and the Coolie Monster thing is a way to still be in a band. I hope you get a chance to work with a killer singer in the future and can look back at the situation you're in now and smile.

User Info Menu

Well, our vocalist is actually more of a death metal musician. He needs to work on it, but in my opinion that is pretty amazing for a person whose been singing for only a month or so. And comon guys, growling isn't that akward, it is heard alot(Lamb Of God anyone?). Thanks for all the advice everyone:D
    Our second song is almost done, just need to record the vocals now, we got all the lyrics down. Well, I don't know how to explain how the vocals will be, but its gonna sound something like All That Remain's vocals(screaming, growling, with soft singing) what do you think??
    I would still like to know what the song is about!!!!!, usually most songs tell a story, or at least have an audible vocal piece!! All I can fathom from this tune with all the grunting and not one recognizable sylable is something along the lines of [my dag has got rabies]. I would be interested to here the new tune with softer grunting, that would be nice.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Sweet. Just out of interest how are you recording your songs?