Thread: Argent drums

User Info Menu

Default Argent drums

Can any members out there give their opinion on an Argent drum set .

Ive never heard of them . I do know theyre made in Salt Lake City ,only a couple style offered ,but they are a 6 ply mahogany wood shell .

These look similar to a Ludwig Acsent kit , entry level but well constructed .If anyone has seen or heard about these I would appreciate a review . Maybe you know someone who had these .

User Info Menu

Default Re: Argent drums

never heard of them!!

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Me either rat ,was just hoping for a member to give me a review , good or bad .

I saw one used ,but in very good shape ,5 pc set with BD pedal , throne hi-hat and a cymbal for 75 bucks .

My nefew just started taking lessons ,thought it would be good for him and the price was right , so right that it was gone within 24 hours . Oh well better luck next time .

User Info Menu

GF I picked up a tom"with stand" i found on craigs today the argent seems like a perfictly fine entry level drum I cant really say much not nowing much about them or drums for that matter. the stand ended up being a cymbal stand not a drum stand but thats ok I dont have any cymbal stands. the drum mount seems really light weight a little lighter than my cb700 mounts but it doesnt have anything saying it is argent so it might be some other company. there is a weird reinforcing ring on the inside of the tom(see picture) that I havent seen before but maybe I just havent looked for it.

I know its not much but I try to share what I can and I know this thread is a year old but I can finally post some information about something lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We Have nothing to fear but Reefs and Pirates

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing TT.........I forgot all about this thread at first but remember the set very well .

I should have just made a 5o $ offer on that set and took it home . My brother in law said the same thing to me ........said he was really surprised I just didnt buy it first and then call him .

Ive been keeping my eyes open for aniother set like that . Would have been a perfect starter set for him to bang on .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey