Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duct Tape

User Info Menu

Default Duct Tape

seriously. what caint duct tape fix? i used to put a roll of duct tape through the bar on top of my hi-hat in case of emergenceys.
    When drummers are away from their instruments, which is quite often, they often resort to air drumming. Although often distracting to others, playing air drums provides drummers with a mental practice session that can help a great deal.

User Info Menu

Duct tape is king! I even use it as a drink holder ~ Ha!

User Info Menu

duct tape is the bomb....i even used it once when i punctured a hole in my snare it worked just fine and the snare still sounded great.....then i got a kevlar snare head......nvr had that problem again....kevlar is the bomb too

User Info Menu

all hail!
    DUCT TAPE!
    When drummers are away from their instruments, which is quite often, they often resort to air drumming. Although often distracting to others, playing air drums provides drummers with a mental practice session that can help a great deal.

User Info Menu

::Gets on knees with arms swaying:: "Hail to the DUCT TAPE God!"

User Info Menu

aohmmmmmm....aohmmmmm

User Info Menu

ooo the mighty adhesive god that is duct tape. it demands sacrafice. apply to a painted surface and strip the paint off. we must please it.

User Info Menu

I used it on my air conditioner duct, and it keeps coming off. Maybe it should be called "Anything but duct tape".
    Last edited by Boo; 05-05-2006 at 11:38 PM.

User Info Menu

haha..that's funny

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    I used it on my airconditioner duct, and it keeps coming off. Maybe it should be called "Anything but duct tape".
    Works at the drag strip. Over 200 mph. Maybe your air conditioner is not going fast enough?

User Info Menu

yeah...maybe the duct tape just got board cuz it wasn't doing anything real heavy duty and it fell asleep and the fell off

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Special K
    Works at the drag strip. Over 200 mph. Maybe your air conditioner is not going fast enough?
    No, it's not going very fast at all...It's just chillin'.
    (damn this is funny stuff...somebody should be writing this down!)
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

lol

User Info Menu

i love duct tape
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

anyone tride gaffers tape
    max

User Info Menu

no but i've heard about it...suppose to work even better than duct tape...just a little pricey as i recall

User Info Menu

Yea, it's expensive. Theater people use it alot as well as stage crews for bigger acts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    Yea, it's expensive. Theater people use it alot as well as stage crews for bigger acts.
    Hence the name....Gaffer's tape
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

Does anyone use duct tape to muffle their heads?

I do but i am scared to take it off because i don't want to rip a head. So because of this i use dust tape on my bottom heads, which are crappy anyways, and i taped a peice of foam to my top heads usind electrical tape because it comes off easier and wont rip heads.

User Info Menu

i take a single square of paper towel fold it into about a 1-2in x 3-5in rectangle then tape it down with duct tape...the duct tape wont rip the head all appart but it will leave some stickyness behind...but that's just cosmetic

User Info Menu

That sounds like a good idea Utopia, maybe i'll try it some time.

User Info Menu

I used to use duct tape on the bottom side of the head. that way when you take it off you don't have to worry about sticky stuff all over the top. I switched to pinstripe heads, so I don't use tape at all anymore.

User Info Menu

seriously. what caint duct tape fix? i used to put a roll of duct tape through the bar on top of my hi-hat in case of emergenceys.
    A bullet wound

User Info Menu

Actually, duct tape is the worst possible thing you can use on air ducts...it doesn't hold up well under abrupt heating and cooling changes...unfortunately, the duct tape company missed a bet when they didn't re-name the company "DRUM TAPE." (rimshot on congas)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lhebs0
    A bullet wound
    that is very true lol i like that
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug