Thread: Well....

User Info Menu

Default Well....

I broke my hand (right) and am in a cast. Who knows something that i can do with one hand and two feet of my drum set it entertain me?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Well....

Which hand?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

perfect time to practice your 1 handed drumming. its actually alot of fun..

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Well....

If your right hand is the dominant hand, now's the time to practice the rudiments with your left hand (to strengthen what I guess would be your "weaker" hand).

It should improve your left-handed playing!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

sorry bout your hand. Remember def leppard their drummer lost an arm in a bike wreak check out some of their videos

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about your hand 46SA!

I agree with BLD, though, it all depends on which hand you broke. You can either work on putting snare beats in different places in the measure, or you can work on different hi-hat rhythms. Throw that in with bass drum rhythms, and you've got yourself a workout! Just make sure you stay focused on what you can do, rather than what you can't do. If you do that, you hand will be healed before you know it!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    sorry bout your hand. Remember def leppard their drummer lost an arm in a bike wreak check out some of their videos

i think it was a car crash

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

No matter which hand, you could always duct tape the stick to your cast and never miss a beat. ( oh man, did I actually say that? )
    Signature here

User Info Menu

alternate singles between kick and left hand moving around the kit, keep em even and smooth and build up speed, Gadd has a lesson on this. Also paradiddles between kick and left hand, same with doubles and triplets around the kit, U will be amazed how much u will progress by the time the right is healed.
    with the triplets change em up , double the kick to single left and then double the left to single kick.
    report back in 4 weeks and tell us u aint progressed and I will quit playing!!

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    No matter which hand, you could always duct tape the stick to your cast and never miss a beat. ( oh man, did I actually say that? )
    just what i was thinking!

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

haha
    yeah i tried duct taping it, it didnt work. my cast is a claw...
    ahh good idea..
    yeah its my right hand
    and im dominant in my right. im gonna go try your ideas, except for the duct tape.lol

User Info Menu

Definitely do the def lepperd thing and learn some left hand strength. Who knows maybe by the time you get your cast of you will be completely ambidextrous or even left hand dominant!!
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

I'm in he same boat as I had a motorbike incident 2 weeks ago. I have the use of my hand but the shoulder area is a mess, so I dont have any mobility in the arm. I suppose I can do rudiment stuff on a snare but getting around a set is out of the question.

all the best...

User Info Menu

awh man. that sucks. sorry to hear it. what arm was it?

User Info Menu

yeah sorry to hear that KG hope you are getting better quickly. YOu too 46nd and these guys have really given ya some good tips for left hand exercises with kick etc. Just keep at it
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Well....

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post

Well said indeed!
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg