Thread: dvd

User Info Menu

Default dvd

I thought i seen a thread here a while back about Good instructional dvd's.

Im looking for some really good beginner dvd;s for my son,he has just started playing around with my drums and of course to cool to have dad teach.

Im also looking for some good advanced dvd's for myself,it never hurts to have more advanced instruction.

I searched all the forums but I couldnt find the thread

Thanks

User Info Menu

Tommy Igoe's Getting Started on drums and Tommy Igoe's grovoe essentials

User Info Menu

Default Re: dvd

Like what Andreeew said. He teaches very well. Groove essentials is not just for beginners. He demonstrates some really complex things, but he shows and explains very clearly.

User Info Menu

I've recommend Tommy Igoe's Groove Essentials to a lot of drummers. I've been playing 48 years and have a really fine 18 pc. big band to play with. I watch tommy's DVD weekly and get a good work out myself with a lot of his stuff. If you do get this, be sure you get the combo pack...DVD with Instructional Book (with mp3 CD). you'll love it for yourself and you and your son will enjoy the DVD.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Also, for more advanced level...you can get Steve Smith's Drum Set Technique and History Of The U.S. Beat. Steve explains and demonstrates a lot of his practice techniques. The section on Implied Metric Modulation and Poly-Rhythm is incredibly informative. He uses his band...Vital Information...to play their tunes as he shows how he incorporates his technique. The 2nd DVD...History Of The U.S. Beat is more Academic about the evolution of drumming in the U.S. It is very well done.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Thanks ,I ordered Tommys set..
    Does anyone know If I get the poster with the set?
    Last edited by aunkster; 10-16-2008 at 08:08 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Also, for more advanced level...you can get Steve Smith's Drum Set Technique and History Of The U.S. Beat. Steve explains and demonstrates a lot of his practice techniques. The section on Implied Metric Modulation and Poly-Rhythm is incredibly informative. He uses his band...Vital Information...to play their tunes as he shows how he incorporates his technique. The 2nd DVD...History Of The U.S. Beat is more Academic about the evolution of drumming in the U.S. It is very well done.
    I like Steve Smith. I'll have to check that out.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....