Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shazane Banned

User Info Menu

Default Shazane Banned

We usually don't make announcements when we ban someone but because Shazane was here so long and befriended many of us, we felt we owed you an explanation. As many of you know, his posts occassionally pushed the envelope. I had cautioned him before, as did other moderators, about some of his posts including linking to certain metal songs and lyrics that are offensive and distasteful. I even PM'd him just two days ago warning him that we would not tolerate it. In turn, he goes back in a metal thread just today and posts links to songs with offensive lyrics. That was the last straw.

People this is a family-friendly forum. Drum Chat believes in and supports clean, ethical living and positive, moral values. While we aren't involved in your personal lives we do enforce the aforementioned in this forum. If you take issue with this, you probably have the wrong forum.

I don't wish to have a long, drawn out discussion over this. Frankly, this job is time-consuming enough.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Shazane Banned

That is a shame. I will miss his other posts. We should all respect each other and use good judgement.

User Info Menu

I hate to see this, as I'm sure you hate doing it Drummer. But people do have to respect rules no matter where they are.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

drummer please use your powers with the site to get them to put a link in the tool bar to the rules including subject matter that will not be tolerated, that could solve some of these problems.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

will he be allowed back ever? drumchat will never be the same without shazane

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sEAN_of_the_dead View Post
    Yeah, and besides, he owes me $20.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdavie View Post
    drummer please use your powers with the site to get them to put a link in the tool bar to the rules including subject matter that will not be tolerated, that could solve some of these problems.
    The rules are posted at the top of every single forum but I agree with you, I think they ought to be in the toolbar too. I've just put in a request to admin. That said; Shazane had been here a long time and he was fully aware of the rules here. He was also warned numerous times by myself and even other moderators. But he is a very rebellious person and he constantly pushed the envelope.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sEAN_of_the_dead View Post
    Probably not, he had been warned several times. But nothing is impossible. It's up to each individual and how they handle the situation. Knowing how rebellious he is, my expectations aren't very high.

I've said this before and I'll say it again; we don't like to ban people and try to avoid it at all costs. But there are some people that just don't want to play by the rules. They're very stubborn.
    Last edited by drummer; 10-23-2008 at 09:15 AM.

User Info Menu

Thats a shame. He was an intelligent poster.
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Regardless of intelligence, knowledge, being a cool guy etc. When you know the rules of a certain forum you need to follow them. Its well known that there are certain things you should not post here and i did notice him pushing it several times. Thats fine if you have your own thoughts or beliefs, but when the guy running the site asks you to chill and obey the rules then you need to respect that and keep certain things to yourself.

User Info Menu

Personally, I appreciate this kind of communication from the "bosses."

Not only does it keep things open but very clear, too.

Thanks, drummer!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Its a tough job to have , and we appreciate what you do here drummer .

Shazane was given a chance with several warnings and knew the consequences . He is old enough to know the difference between right and wrong, he just chose the wrong path to travel.

I will miss him too , but this type of action is what makes this forum the best .

User Info Menu

This Forum is really terrific but does need some common sense Regulation. All of the Moderators have exercised prudent judgement and have done their utmost to maintain the standards of the Forum. I applaud their efforts and am glad to see that many of you responded in kind. It is unfortunate but, sometimes, examples of what can happen have to be made. Shazane is not the first to have this happen.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Participation in a privately owned forum is a privilege that can be taken away by the owners.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    The rules are posted at the top of every single forum but I agree with you, I think they ought to be in the toolbar too. I've just put in a request to admin. That said; Shazane had been here a long time and he was fully aware of the rules here. He was also warned numerous times by myself and even other moderators. But he is a very rebellious person and he constantly pushed the envelope.
    i don't know where you mean, but if i click new posts and start going though the threads i never see the rules. i know whats except able in polite conversation and base my posts off of that etiquette, but i also know that there are those who were rised under different etiquette than i and that could lead them to a violation of a rule. witch is the only reason i ask.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Under each of the various topics where you can post new threads and read older ones, you will find Forum Rules and Regulations.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

That's too bad!
    He added some variation to the musical tastes around here...
    I wish the kid well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    . When you know the rules of a certain forum you need to follow them.

Who in the heck keeps leaving the toilet seat up then?

This is the inappropriate comment section of this thread, isn't it?

User Info Menu

Damn, thats a shame. he always seemed to give good posts and seem generally cool and knowledgeable.

I can see why he got banned and stuff but i dont understand the rule. Can we post links with offensive lyrics if we give warning?

I think alot of time swearing etc add to a song and in some styles of music it is a regular occurance. I think as a forum primarily about music it seems a real shame to deny the right to even mention some really talented music because of one or two words (which are usually not particularly obvious to hear anyway.) Don't get me wrong, i can see the rules are the rules and am not trying to cause argument but in some ways it does seem quite narrow minded to me. I mean, if there are parents with kid or whatever who access it, if theres a warning about swearing surely they dont have to access it, its their choice if they do or dont.

Cheers
    Last edited by Mysterious Stan; 10-24-2008 at 04:13 PM.

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    We usually don't make announcements when we ban someone but because Shazane was here so long and befriended many of us, we felt we owed you an explanation. As many of you know, his posts occassionally pushed the envelope. I had cautioned him before, as did other moderators, about some of his posts including linking to certain metal songs and lyrics that are offensive and distasteful. I even PM'd him just two days ago warning him that we would not tolerate it. In turn, he goes back in a metal thread just today and posts links to songs with offensive lyrics. That was the last straw.

People this is a family-friendly forum. Drum Chat believes in and supports clean, ethical living and positive, moral values. While we aren't involved in your personal lives we do enforce the aforementioned in this forum. If you take issue with this, you probably have the wrong forum.

I don't wish to have a long, drawn out discussion over this. Frankly, this job is time-consuming enough.
    Its all about respect, thats why this chat is the best
    Last edited by Larrysperf; 10-24-2008 at 05:21 PM. Reason: mistake

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Personally, I appreciate this kind of communication from the "bosses."

Not only does it keep things open but very clear, too.

Thanks, drummer!!!
    HOLA como estas MI AMIGO BISH CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) EXCELLENTE **

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by peach_tx View Post
    That's too bad!
    He added some variation to the musical tastes around here...
    I wish the kid well.
    HOA como estas PEACH_TX *MI AMIGO CREATIVE ARTISTIC *
    OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) FORSURE & EXCELLENTE; AMIGO
    GRACIAS **I really HAD ALOT of CONVERSATIONS with SHAZANE I NAMED HIM THE CREATIVE ARTISTIC YOUNG-BUT WISE within HIS OWN VERY DISTINCT UNIQUE CREATIVE ARTISTIC STYLE(ARTISTRY ))ITS TOO BAD *
    BUT he will GAIN GREAT KNOWLEDGE from and Within every thing that TOOK PLACE* GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Shazane Banned

With Freedom Comes Great Responsibilty And There Is No
    Excuse That Common Sense Cannot Be A Part Of Your Voice Even If Taste Is Not ....I Will Miss His Posts....But ....Plz Folks Keep It Going Da Right Way And Play It Forward As We Should For Each Other
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PHROGGE View Post
    With Freedom Comes Great Responsibilty And There Is No
    Excuse That Common Sense Cannot Be A Part Of Your Voice Even If Taste Is Not ....I Will Miss His Posts....But ....Plz Folks Keep It Going Da Right Way And Play It Forward As We Should For Each Other
    You have a very unique way of saying things Phrogge, but I like your style!!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Stan View Post
    Damn, thats a shame. he always seemed to give good posts and seem generally cool and knowledgeable.

I can see why he got banned and stuff but i dont understand the rule. Can we post links with offensive lyrics if we give warning?

I think alot of time swearing etc add to a song and in some styles of music it is a regular occurance. I think as a forum primarily about music it seems a real shame to deny the right to even mention some really talented music because of one or two words (which are usually not particularly obvious to hear anyway.) Don't get me wrong, i can see the rules are the rules and am not trying to cause argument but in some ways it does seem quite narrow minded to me. I mean, if there are parents with kid or whatever who access it, if theres a warning about swearing surely they dont have to access it, its their choice if they do or dont.

Cheers
    MS, the problem is that we occasionally get some very young drummers in our midst, and we have to be sensitive the fact that Drum Chat is trying to be "family friendly." That's why the language rule is so strict. It's not to say that various genres of music can't say what they want. It's just that this is not the appropriate place to air them. It's like yelling "Fire!" in a crowded movie theater. People are going to get hurt. Now if you yell "Fire!" in an open field, it's a completely different story. Some places it's appropriate, some places it isn't.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!