Thread: Need a bassist?

User Info Menu

Default Need a bassist?

The times I've rehearsed with my band when the bass player wasn't there, I've had a harder time keeping my rhythm going?
    When the bass player is there, I get a much better feel to playing with my band.

Doesn't anyone else notice this?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Need a bassist?

I know I feel like I'm playing unplugged without a drummer while I'm on bass. No power, Captain!

User Info Menu

Just earlier today we rehearsed without our bassist. It didn't feel right too
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

I hate to rehearse when our bass player can't make it, you gotta have the bottom end!

User Info Menu

I used to Open Mic with a good friend, he was a drummer. I played bass. We always got a really good response from the crowd. So, my answer is drums and bass should always be together.

User Info Menu

drums+bass=RHYTHM drums=rhythm bass=weird by itself, magic combination though

User Info Menu

I hate playing without the bassist. The song seems to lose its soul. And our bass player is pretty cute too so that helps
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzo View Post
    The times I've rehearsed with my band when the bass player wasn't there, I've had a harder time keeping my rhythm going?
    When the bass player is there, I get a much better feel to playing with my band.

Doesn't anyone else notice this?

I understand what you mean Jonzo. When the bass player and the drummer are feeding off each other it's just better.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

It's very hard to rehearse/perform without a bass. Every once in a while, our bass player will miss a rehearsal (18 pc. big band). It hurts! However, it is also an excellent opportunity for the band, and myself, to sharpen our "Time" keeping and keeping the ensemble together. When you and the band can do that, then you are all the tighter when you have the bass on hand.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    It's very hard to rehearse/perform without a bass. Every once in a while, our bass player will miss a rehearsal (18 pc. big band). It hurts! However, it is also an excellent opportunity for the band, and myself, to sharpen our "Time" keeping and keeping the ensemble together. When you and the band can do that, then you are all the tighter when you have the bass on hand.
    An excellent point, as usual Frank.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

i cant play without my brother (my bassist)

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by begtimm561 View Post
    i cant play without my brother (my bassist)
    That's the TRUTH!

User Info Menu

the band im in .

we dont have a full time bass player so 80% of rehearsals i just have to play it straight and tight ..it makes you better i think

User Info Menu

An excellent point that both you and Frank make Itchie. Sort of a "when life gives you lemons, make lemonaide" moment.

BTW, you're new avatar is cool!