Thread: Need your advice/help

User Info Menu

Default Need your advice/help

I want to buy this e-kit. I have read about it but I want to know if anyone uses it and likes it.

Heres the kit: Yamaha DTXplorer Electronic Drum Set

Thanks

-ZG

User Info Menu

Default Re: Need your advice/help

Go for it!

I have the first generation of the DTXPress, which is what your DTXplorer is based on and I really like it. Playing the rubber pads does feel different than acoustic skins, but it's not bad - just different. i don't mind them at all.

It's inexpensive as far as e-kits go and it has a ton of voices. The groove check feature also helps you with practicing your timing whether you are playing full kit, or just doing rudiments on a single pad.
    Last edited by CycleDude; 10-28-2008 at 08:32 AM.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Default Re: Need your advice/help

Sorry but I have not been on this drum chat sight for some time. I currently play the DTExplorer in church for our contemporary music. There are enough voices to enable me to play with the choir and brass. This allows me to be part of the Cantata and musical specials. There is no Timpani voice, per se, but enough tones to get close, and many other percussion instruments, which I use to play some classical pieces with the choir which includes a flute, cello and brass. The plus of an e-kit in a cavernous church is that you can control everything including the drums on the soundboard. That way, everything sounds blended and properly mixed from vocals to instruments. I bought acoustic chimes and cowbell to compliment the e-kit. Even though they have no mics, the chimes and cowbell gets picked up by other mics. Besides those instruments have a penetrating sound so it goes very well with the e-kit. The DTXpress is very easy to set up and play right out of the box and although it doesn't have the feel of an acoustic set, it's easy to get used to and play well. Enjoy.