Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: toughest song

User Info Menu

Smile toughest song

i learnt crawling and found it quiet easy but now i m learning nirvana-Smells like teen spirit and finding it tough to catch on to the main beat....i want to no what do u think abt this song....is it tough or easy to u ??

and also tell me what is the toughest song according to u and why ?

User Info Menu

i dunno the drums to it so dont feel bad!...lol

the hardest song...YYZ with the solo includes....its makes me wanna shoot me-self
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

These songs aren't hard for me,bu I've been playing a long time.
    Limpy
    *Drum yourself to death

User Info Menu

well, i think hard songs are song that deals basically with off counting. Songs like wind of the naruto cartoon and so on. if u wanna learn it, just try to figure out the basic because for every off counting beat, there ius still the basics.

User Info Menu

i think that led zeppilen songs are semi hard but easy, hard songs that i find hard would be a couple of the slipknot songs maybe a few avenged sevenfold but the hardest ones i've encounterd so far would be the band LAMB OF GOD and Shadows Fall. they have INSANE!! double bass lines , fills , and cymbal work. check'em out, each of their singers suck but then again, i never liked singers
    GOD + Me= Awsome Drummer!

User Info Menu

oh, yeah, do you mean CRAWL by DamagePlan? way too easy , but good for beginner double bass. again try to play lamb of god or shadows fall

User Info Menu

try playing dragonforce too

User Info Menu

actually all Chris Addler really has going for him is his insane speed...Chris and Niles drummer ...Derek something...are insanely fast but mainly thats all it is....not saying they suck or anything cause their like 4x the drummer i am...but all their stuff sounds the same...especially L.O.G.s Ashes of the wake cd......shadows fall...i dunno i havent really heard them and dragonforce the only thing i heard by them was their cover of "the emerald"
    sorry if this offends ya but several of their songs are hard because of the speed involed

another hard song is " the glass prison" by Dream theater

User Info Menu

YYZ is tuff i can play the first 2 mins but after that its tuff right up to the part with the bass/drum solos where they switch back and forth
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

The songs pretty easy
    the intro is simply flams(I think) on every beat, then bass on the "E's" and the "A's"and sloshy hats on the "and's". soooo, ka boom sis boom ka boom sis boom ka boom sis boom ka boom sis boom LOL, or for 4 measures.the ka's are snare, sis are hats, and booms are bass.

Beyond that i cannot explain through words, or maybe i could, but im too lazy!!

User Info Menu

i learnt smells like teen spirit once (even tho i dont like nirvana) i wouldnt class it as an easy song so dont worry lol,hardest song i ever tried to learn was all that remains - this calling,i cud play about half maybe more of it but i seriously get nackerd lol its reallly hard if u ask me

User Info Menu

I try and learn three new songs a week, and right now im learning....

Black Label (Lamb of God) which is proving to be pretty easy, actually

Pull harder on the strings of your Martyr (Trivium) ugh, i hate trivium. good song tho!

and ive been trying to learn Rat Salad (Black Sabbath) for the past few weeks
    TAMA//VIC FIRTH//EVANS//ZILDJIAN//SABIAN

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!1!11!!1!

User Info Menu

BTW ...does anyone know how to play Glass prison?...by Dreamtheater?

User Info Menu

I can play Under A Glass Moon....close enough? lol.....I can do a lot of the Neil Peart stuff ( a band i was in a few years ago used to do Limelight, Red Barchetta..i can play YYZ, but i cant find a bass player who can do it)....and i can do some of the Dream Theater stuff...but the hardest I find to play, personally, is Tool. Danny Carey is....what can i say......brilliant.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Oh, and a lot of jazz stuff...i love to listen to it, but play it? i would kill myself trying, lol
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

yah i find jazz to be very difficult also
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Lamb of God - 11th Hour
    Meshuggah - New Millenium Cyanide Christ

Damn good songs, damn hard to play.

Smells Like A Teen Spirit is a relatively easy song to play, it's your standard "house" beat (snares on 2, a, e, 4) with quarter notes on the hats. The hardest part about the beat is the two bass drum beats between the e and 4 snares.

Keep practicing though, you'll get it eventually,

HB58

User Info Menu

Yea Nirvana-Smells Like Teen Spirit isn't too hard to play.My old band played it at my School Talent show....

User Info Menu

yeah i had problem in the 2 bass drum beats but now i can play it easily....i think it isnt tough at all....lol

hey can godsmack songs be played without a double bass ?

User Info Menu

smells like teen spirit isn't a hard song but if ur having trouble with it just divide it up. just do the hi-hat and bass for a while, then do bass and snare, then snare and hi-hat. or just slow it down a lot. once u get it'll you'll be a decently better drummer. learning how to do a beat with just quarters on hi-hat and doin snare on 2,a,e , and 4 AND then doing all the bass on it is tough for a beginner. it took me pry 2 hours to get that song when i started a few years ago. just sit around and play it till u get it

the hardest songs i no r pry System of a Down stuff
    holla

User Info Menu

I just listened to a couple of Godsmack songs then, and they seem achievable with a single pedal. I only listened to Awake and Speak though, depends on which song you want to learn I suppose.

HB58

User Info Menu

i want to learn straight out of line....i learnt awake alredy

User Info Menu

Good stuff.

Straight out of line could be learnt without a double kicker as well, the part at the start is all toms with a 4 on the floor bass drum beat. Just watch the anticipated snare beats.

HB58

User Info Menu

I don't think Godsmack uses a Double Bass Pedal.I was looking at his Setup on Sabian,And it shows if he plays a Double Pedal,And he doesn't....

User Info Menu

yes but in a live concert i saw him using 2 bass drums