Thread: Funk/Jazz/Rock Jam Recorded in High Quality *New Member*

User Info Menu

Default Funk/Jazz/Rock Jam Recorded in High Quality *New Member*

Howdy all.

I am new here and I thought I would share a video of a friend and I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCoB2r_AGTA

I mixed it down with the video in Adobe Premiere Pro.

Drums (me): Gretsch Maple Select 6 piece, DW9000 Single bass pedal/hi-hat stand, Zildjian A custom cymbals.

Guitar (Gordon): Parker Nite Fly, Fender Cyber-Twin Amp.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Funk/Jazz/Rock Jam Recorded in High Quality *New Member*

Quote Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
    Howdy all.

I am new here and I thought I would share a video of a friend and I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCoB2r_AGTA

I mixed it down with the video in Adobe Premiere Pro.

Drums (me): Gretsch Maple Select 6 piece, DW9000 Single bass pedal/hi-hat stand, Zildjian A custom cymbals.

Guitar (Gordon): Parker Nite Fly, Fender Cyber-Twin Amp.
    HOLa como estas Saabeh Mi amigo Creative artistic DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT)Very cool Smooth as your ARTISTRY COMPLIMENTS the ARTIST**GRACIAS

User Info Menu

That was great, listened all the way through, blended real well with the guitarist, really liked the way you used the toms throughout, set sounded great (couldn't hear the kick drum, but that is I'm sure the fault of my computer speakers).
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Nice job!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Not bad at all man, but to be very honest, it seemed like you over played the song a bit IMO. Your tom placement is very awkward looking, but to each there own, whatever is comfortable, that is all that matters. But overall man you obviously got some great skill, keep it up, just maybe mellow it down just a tad, again just MHO
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Very nice, Saabeh. Timing is good so you can now focus on letting your style come through. Listen to the guitar and compliment it's playing so that can become more musical with your playing. Keep up the good work!!
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Thanks guys!

The video was made from the drummer's perspective, for just that the drummers perspective. My guitarist buddy was just laying down a decent few riffs while we made a video testing out the drum recording equipment, hence why I over played a bit .

Just a little fun experiment.

I will be making some more videos in the future showing our real style. We play more like The Mars Volta and Tool than anything else.

User Info Menu

Excellent job Saabeth! I thought that the guitar did a nice job of supporting the drumming in this piece, but you gave room for the guitar to solo with nice effect. I thought you guys did very well together. Respect to you both!

Welcome to Drum Chat!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Welcome Saabeh!! Very cool tune. Great stick work. I like your playing. It is very grooving! Stick around here and enjoy the forum. Not all of us bite!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, I will be sticking around. I will be making a few more videos soon I hope.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Funk/Jazz/Rock Jam Recorded in High Quality *New Member*

Welcome aboard, Saabeh...interesting camera shots--and it's not very often you get to see the drummer from his perspective! Great interplay between your guitarist and you--I agree you may have overplayed this one slightly, but this was a test run for you and your equipment. I'm sure you'll relax more on future vids!

Sounded cool to me...in fact, I was jammin' along on congas with you as this played!

Lookin' forward to more great grooves from ya, man!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

Larrysperf Guest

I really enjoyed it reminded me of big band jam jazz mix. I relly like your style Oh & your set up

User Info Menu

I sure like the sound of your snare.