Thread: *Double Bass Pedal*

User Info Menu

Exclamation *Double Bass Pedal*

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking at the Gibraltar Avenger II Double Pedal because it is somewhat cheap and has gotten great reviews. What do you guys think? Does anyone have any experience with this? I was planning on getting the Pearl powershifter eliminators but they are too expensive to get as my first double bass pedals.
    sʞuɐɥʇ

User Info Menu

Default Re: *Double Bass Pedal*

i got one. they're good, but not brilliant. but i have to say for the moneys worth they're probably the best in their range. as you might have read in another post, the thing which annoyed me the most about them is that one can not adjust the beater angle and the footboard angle independently... on my right side it doesn't bother me but on my left side it did because a) i couldn't get it to line up with my hi hat stand and b) i just didn't like the feel of it relatively low. so i did some diy work and took the cam off my old single bass pedal(because there i was able to change the beater angle) and replaced it with the slave pedal's one. i thought since these pedals are pretty much one down of the best pedals that gibraltar makes i thought they'd have this function but whatever. i'd say, play them at the shop and everything else in your price range if you have that opportunity... but on the positive side i have to say they are smooth and quite stable and comfortable to play on.

User Info Menu

I've seen some PDP double pedals for $100 at GC. DP-402 I think. It felt surprisingly good at the store.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Havn't ever used this particular model, but I have always been highly impressed with Gibraltar hardware. I used a Gibraltar single pedal and a hi-hat stand back in the day and they served me very well. The action/glide might not feel as good as say the iron cobras, but they are built like a truck and will last you a lifetme.