Thread: splash?

User Info Menu

Default splash?

im interested in looking for a decent splash for my kit. ive heard of these breaking somewhat easily. is this true? what kind of splashes do you guys use?

User Info Menu

Default Re: splash?

Splashes are usually on the thin side which could attribute to them breaking more often. Since they are smaller, 12" or less, there is also less striking surface, and more of a chance of hitting it wrong. If you are using proper technique and aren't beating the hell out of it you shouldn't have any problems with them cracking.

User Info Menu

10" Paiste 2002. Never had a problem with it.

SK
    "A man can NEVER have too many cymbals"

Proudly Playing

Sonor Force 3007 Stage One Piano Black 22X17.5 kick, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 16" toms
    Pork Pie Big Black Snare
    Vater Sticks/Brushes
    Remo Vintage Emperor, Emperor X, and Powerstroke Pro Heads
    Paiste Twenty/2002/Signature Cymbals
    Sonor/DW/Gibraltar Hardware

User Info Menu

MM, I've got a 12" Wuhan Splash that is a great cymbal. I also have a 12" Agazarian China (supposed to be a Wuhan under a new name) that sounds awesome in combination with the splash.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

Larrysperf Guest

i HAD AAA METAL SPLASH JUST TRADED IT AS IT DIDNT FIT IN WITH MY OTHER CYMBALS. BUT WAS A GOOD SPLASH

User Info Menu

The first splash I had was a 12" Wuhan which broke after about 3 months, only because I was using it as a second crash though. Now I use a 10" Paiste Sig which can take a beating. You don't have to be totally cautious with using them, just use them right.
    btw, Paiste Sig, Twenty, 2002, and Dark Energy splashes are the best I've ever heard. Another brand choice would be the Sabian Evolutions, sweet.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I've got two Istanbul Agop splashes - a 10 & 12. They sound nice to me. I've knocked them around a bit - had them for a year now - no breaks/cracks yet.

User Info Menu

use them right and they wont break....i love them in the right spot.......
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

thanx guys ill remember everything yall said when i go to buy my splash! my drum teacher says they break to easy but i just think he needs to be a little more gentle lol.

User Info Menu

A custom splash, or sabian paragon splash, or K custom hybrid splash

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sEAN_of_the_dead View Post
    A custom splash, or sabian paragon splash, or K custom hybrid splash
    I was going to suggest the Paragon. I have 4 different splashes and the Paragon is the heaviest (thickest) of them all and in my personal opinion sounds great!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

My setup has a 8" Paiste PST5 and a 10" Paiste Alpha Metal splash. They are great and sound even better. The PST 5 is quite cheap and the sound surprises me still. It's very clean and bright. Very very nice. The PST 5 also comes in different sizes. I would read the reviews on MF. It's always a big help to me. Hope you find what you are looking for.
    • Crush Limited Reserve Wenge
    • DW Collectors
    • Sakae Pac-D
    • Roland TD-9
    • Zildjian K/A Cymbals
    • Crush, DW, Pork Pie, Trick Snares
    • MAY Sennheiser, Audio Technica Internal Mics
    • Gibraltar 9600 hardware
    • Protection Racket/RoadRunner Touring cases