Thread: Double bass help?

User Info Menu

Default Double bass help?

Im just now getting back into playing after 16 years of not even looking at the drumset..lol.. i used to be pretty decent and loved the double bass stuff. Im now after all this time having a hard time staying even with my feet. Whats the best practice to do to keep an even pace between my feet?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Double bass help?

Use a Metronome and play rudiments. I am just beginning that myself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mopower440 View Post
    Im just now getting back into playing after 16 years of not even looking at the drumset..lol.. i used to be pretty decent and loved the double bass stuff. Im now after all this time having a hard time staying even with my feet. Whats the best practice to do to keep an even pace between my feet?
    Just do it a lot. It will come back to you faster than you think.

User Info Menu

are playing with 2 bass drums or a double bass pedal? if you have a double pedal make sure you have the pedals the perfect length apart. make sure they both have the same resistance and that you pedal isnt binding. youd be amazed at how much this can make a difference. double bass drumming is a very odd thing. sometimes i can just sit down and an play it perfectly and others i cant even make a triplet sound right.