Thread: Ludwig accent cs custom elite Reviews

Larrysperf Guest

Default Ludwig accent cs custom elite Reviews

I got a set to go with my Maples & I tell you after I changed out the heads for the $ this set is as good as any I have played. Hardware is top notch. I cant get over how good they are. Just my 2 cents & hope this will help someone looking for good intermedite set.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ludwig accent cs custom elite

I agree with you, Larry. The situation is that Ludwig has had a bad rep for a good many years and there aren't as many like myself who remember the legendary quality of the Ludwig line up from the 50's and 60's. The newer Accent Custom Elite is so much nicer than the earlier Rockers or Accents. As you said, the hardware is very good too. There is a drum shop/studio nearby and they use this set up for lessons as well as in the rental practice room. I spent an hour on them one night and really liked what I was hearing...especially from the 17 x 20 bass drum...a full and deep sound.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Congrats Larry, I too have always enjoyed my vintage set . My son has the Acsent kit , beginners model . Its OK but I think I should have got the intermmediate set-up to start him out on .

User Info Menu

I find it difficult to really find any thing negative about Ludwig. they have always been top notch in my book. I will say with the exception of some of the late 80s Rockers. not bad drums but definitely had to much Asian (pearl) look to them.

User Info Menu

Congrats ! I've been checking the new Ludwig stuff out !! Here's some classic Ludwigs for ya'll to enjoy !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x6chChxzV0

User Info Menu

I had a set of Rockers in the mid 90's that replaced my Rogers...Well, I won't say they replaced them but took over for them.

Nice lacquer finish and sounded great. Hardware was very gig worth, as well.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I also have a soft spot for Ludwig. My father taught me to play on his late 1940s Ludwigs. I remember it was a white pearl wrap with either a 28" or 26" base drum, it was hugh. It was a four piece set with a snare , rack tom, floor tom and base. If I remember correctly, the reso heads on the toms were permanently attached. The cymbals were Zildjian, I still have those.

Dennis

User Info Menu

I think you make a very valid point when you say that you changed out the heads. I heard a very talented drummer playing one of these kits last summer and I was just cringing from the ringing sound of them. They sounded like crap quite honestly. When I got a chance to get a closer look at them during the band break and saw that he was using the stock heads, I wanted to approach him about it, but didn't get the chance.

I have heard the same kit sound excellent with quality heads on it, so I agree with you. And Ludwig has always made solid hardware. Enjoy them, and thanks for the feedback.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Ludwig accent cs custom elite

Change Da Heads....Makes All Da Diffference Like A New Kit Almost....
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!