Thread: Tito Puente Timbales

User Info Menu

Default Tito Puente Timbales

Noticed that there is a larger than usual selection of LP Tito Puente timbales on ebay today. If anyone is interested in picking up a set of timbales, now would be a great time to score a nice deal on one of these sets. I saw a set go last night for less than a set of Matadors was up to with several hours left. The Tito Puente model are the cadilac of the Timbale world and are $500+ new, going for $200ish on ebay. I owned a set of the brass models in the past and they were amazing. I'd reccomend them to anyone looking to get into the timbales.

On a side note, I had the chance to see the late, great Tito Puente about 8 years ago, and it was one of the most memorable performances of my life. The man had 8 timbales! I've never in my life seen a person lead a band the way he did! He ripped it up on the vibes too .

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tito Puente Timbales

Sounds pretty cheap. If I wasn't broke I would probably pick up a set, thanks for the heads up.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Tito Puente Timbales

Quote Originally Posted by Gretschhead View Post
    Noticed that there is a larger than usual selection of LP Tito Puente timbales on ebay today. If anyone is interested in picking up a set of timbales, now would be a great time to score a nice deal on one of these sets. I saw a set go last night for less than a set of Matadors was up to with several hours left. The Tito Puente model are the cadilac of the Timbale world and are $500+ new, going for $200ish on ebay. I owned a set of the brass models in the past and they were amazing. I'd reccomend them to anyone looking to get into the timbales.

On a side note, I had the chance to see the late, great Tito Puente about 8 years ago, and it was one of the most memorable performances of my life. The man had 8 timbales! I've never in my life seen a person lead a band the way he did! He ripped it up on the vibes too .
    No doubt "Ran Kan Kan" and "Hong Kong Mambo" were on his playlist, bro'...I've played congas to his recording of "RKK" and man, that really kicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    Sounds pretty cheap. If I wasn't broke I would probably pick up a set, thanks for the heads up.
    Same thing here, Norske, darn it! Don't have a set of timbales, but if the price was right, I'd be bidding! Thanks, Gretschhead!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Yea I felt the same way as you guys, I'd love to pick up a set, but not really in the budget at the moment. I'm begining a whole revamp of my kit though and would like to add a set of timbs in place of the toms. I hope these deals stick around, when I was in the market for them before the used Tito Puentes were going for like $450, I scored mine in a craigslist trade for a guitar that I had, wish I still had them.

User Info Menu

I've got enough to learn as it is!! There sure are a lot of good deals out there right now!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!