Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should drummers be allowed to start bands?

User Info Menu

Default Should drummers be allowed to start bands?

i've tryed and tryed to start bands but they always fail...seems like the drummer can't run the show...so now i only join bands...i dont start them...any thoughts on the matter?

User Info Menu

I disagree completely. I've known many drummers through the years that have led their bands successfully. You must simply pinpoint your weaknesses (what it is that's causing conflict) and correct them. Sometimes it's a slow learning process but I'm a believer that you can do just about anything that you set your mind to. It may be harder for some than others. Some are better followers than leaders and visa versa.

User Info Menu

hmm....good point...course....doesn't help much that my town doesn't actually have any REAL musicians and all the ppl i've tryed to start bands with weren't really worth it....but taht's beside the point....maybe im just a better follower...thanx 4 the insight

User Info Menu

"Allowed" to start bands?...."Allowed"? Hey, this is America jack !

User Info Menu

ok ok....wrong phrasology...my bad...

User Info Menu

im in australia and here 90% of all bands that are succesful are started by drummers.
    i started mine myself

User Info Menu

sweet...i guess i just suck....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    ok ok....wrong phrasology...my bad...
    Wrong spelling too! (phraseology)

User Info Menu

yeah....i knew that..

User Info Menu

not....im like the worst speller ever...

User Info Menu

So you suck "and" you're a bad speller. Damn, I hope you can play drums!

User Info Menu

Sybil...is that you ?

User Info Menu

....hehe....hey i got an idea.....we should fig out a way to hear eachother...like if u have access to some sorta recording device doesn't have to be high quality just any old thing and get it on ur computer then maybe we could post the audio files on here...that would be fun...then we could share beats and stuff and have a jolly good time

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    ....hehe....hey i got an idea.....we should fig out a way to hear eachother...like if u have access to some sorta recording device doesn't have to be high quality just any old thing and get it on ur computer then maybe we could post the audio files on here...that would be fun...then we could share beats and stuff and have a jolly good time

Thats a good idea. We could share MP3 files of each other playing, or even better yet, have some type of instructional thread where you could catch a few lessons.

But as for starting a band, I agree with Drummer, we can start them just like anyone else, but as for having a tight band, well that is up to the indiviuals. Everybody needs to have the same goals and desires in the band.
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

we'll have to talk to the admins....we'll have to send audio files as zip's which is fine but the max size is like 39.1k which is tiny for an audio file...basically what that amounts to is like maybe 5 sec of a very low low quality..not worth it basically...so we'll have to ask them to allow us to post larger zip files...or somethin....maybe they would allow bigger files for just one thread and zip files only i dunno...

User Info Menu

Yeah Utopia, I didn't even think about that. I totally forgot about the space that is needed for something like that. I guess if other sites can do it, so can we. Lets talk with Admin about this and see what they say.

I also think that this would be another awesome benefit to attract new members to where as they have a place to come and find some help or to advance in their playing.

We shall see.....

D

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

yes yes....we shall c

User Info Menu

You mean, this was even in question?! /;-]

I liked that "America" response, m'se'f...

Utopia - just keep at it, m' man!

D4H - you're in sunny [HOT-9-month-long-summers! /;-p] FL? Me too...
    ...John 1:5

User Info Menu

Welcome Trane....glad to have you here!! Yeah, I am in FL until Monday, then that is it for me. I get tired of the humidity...LOL!!!!!

Welcome to the board!!

User Info Menu

HEAR YA THERE...the humidity [combined with the heat index] is actually what makes it almost intolerable, rather than the heat by itself...as opposed to say Nevada or Montana, which is a really dry & more tolerable heat [if you have skin moisturizerss & all that stuff, & don't stay in the direct sun a prolonged length of time w/o sunscreen...durn, i sound like those Home Shopping Network gals or 1 of those late-night info-mercials, eek]...

Oh well, i hear central TX is just as bad, or perhaps worse, if that's possible...6 of one, half-dozen of the other, i say...

Frankie says: "Humid, baaad...dry, gooood"...[for wood drums, that is]

User Info Menu

start a band with friends that way you are more likely to stick together

punk and rock songs are good for bands to start on there simple effective and popular

User Info Menu

yeah....my latest band Utopia was actually doing quite well and it was all close friends....but then the bassest went to college like 1500 miles away......and the guitarist went to college 100 miles away...but we did get all of our songs recorded so....our music will not be completely forgotten...

User Info Menu

see it works
    now go make some new friends

User Info Menu

im an intrivert i hate making new friends

User Info Menu

Well did u actually know that it was Lars Ulrich who started Metallica.