Thread: help in 16 notes

User Info Menu

Default help in 16 notes

hi every one
    im playing drums now 4 1 month n i wanted 2 ask wht is the easiest way to play 16 notes.
    ps;ive been learning drums from the internet.

User Info Menu

Default Re: help in 16 notes

Not sure exactly what the question is. If you mean how to count it off, try:
    Quarter notes 1-2-3-4
    Eighth notes 1& 2& 3& 4&
    sixteenth notes 1e&a 2e&a 3e&a 4e&a

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by moturson View Post
    hi every one
    im playing drums now 4 1 month n i wanted 2 ask wht is the easiest way to play 16 notes.
    ps;ive been learning drums from the internet.
    Slow down the tempo enough and they're as easy to play as whole notes. Also, kill your English teacher.

User Info Menu

Double up on the hi-hat? I don't know what you're asking :S
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

The Internet is a great resource for research but not the place for Instruction. If you are able to, look for a good Teacher.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

Larrysperf Guest

Do you mean best way to practice fills, 16th Im lost. All together now 1e&a2e&a3e&a4e eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris View Post
    Slow down the tempo enough and they're as easy to play as whole notes. Also, kill your English teacher.
    Exellent advice. Especially the latter.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris View Post
    Nothing like spitting my coffee all over the place!! RD, you Kill me!

User Info Menu

learn em one handed, two handed, and open handed. one handed and two handed tend to have a little dif feel for most people.

User Info Menu

well an 8th note at 120bpm (beats per minute) sounds the same as a 16th note at 60bpm it all is based on the speed of your quarter note

i recommend three things.
    1.BUY A METRONOME (i cannot stress this enough, it is the most important thing EVER!)
    2.Take drum lessons, alot of people try to go self taught, but you can move through things much faster with direct feed back on the way your playing.
    3.buy larger drumsticks and a practice pad for rolls and rudiments, to build of the strength in both arms, so your not lop sided.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Moturson!

I remember when I had been playing for only a month! Sounds like you might need some help with basic music theory. It can all be a little overwhelming when you're first starting out. If this is really the case, then I would agree with Fiacovaz that finding a teacher can really help you a lot. You learn all the basic much faster, and you'll move forward much faster because you'll have a good understanding of the why's and the how's.

Now, if I have misunderstood the reason for your question, feel free to ask it in another way so that we can understand better. Then you can get the answers you're looking for (Yes, I ended in a preposition guys, please don't have my English teacher killed! ).
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I think the kid means how does he get fluid and faster with 16th notes, most new drummers want to rip it as fast as they can straight off, that is the biggest misconception for any new player.
    To all newbie drummers, listen closely, It is paramount that first you hold the sticks correctly, make sure your wrists are [turned over] No thumbs on top if ya know what I mean, Ive seen a few seasoned dudes vids on here and I dont like the look of them thumb positions im afraid!![ No I will not tell who]
    also start out with singles at a sensible speed and by that I mean painfully slow!!. then move onto to doubles and paradiddles. stick grip, stick height and placement [where the stick hits] is crucial to you at this stage for any newbie, SEEK OUT A GREAT TEACHER even if its for only a few weeks if money is tight..
    so now to answer your question what is the easiest way to play 16 notes?,
    alternate your left and right wrist up and down with a stick in each hand, until you get to 16 hits then stop.
    Last edited by ratmycue; 11-09-2008 at 08:38 AM. Reason: I feel like it

Official cowbell hater.