Thread: lost cymbals

User Info Menu

Default lost cymbals

okay so i moved to california a couple of weeks ago and i was really worried that the movers would break or possibly lose my drums. when i unpacked a box marked drums, i found all of my drums, pedals, stands but......NO CYMBALS!!! they weren't anywhere to be found in any of the boxes. so they are lost and now i have to file a report to get a refund. it sucks cuz i actually liked those cymbals so it looks i'm going to be using a tom for a ride or a hat for a couple of weeks.
    but it's allright i'll get about 250 or 300 bucks back to get some new ones, probably paiste alphas.
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

Default Re: lost cymbals

Yikes, sorry to hear that Ringo!!

Hopefully they will pay you enought to replace them. I've owed a couple of Alphas (currently have a 14" fast crash) and they're great cymbals!!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Bummer Ringo! I hope you get your refund soon so you can get back in the groove!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Bummer,

I hope all goes well with the claim.

Were in California did you move to?
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

That sucks, period!

User Info Menu

i moved to Yosemite
    but i'll probably move back to Florida because of the issues with school and the attitude of the people in my area.
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

wow! i'd hate it if all my cymbals were lost! they're my babies!

User Info Menu

That is really bad news, good luck getting them replaced soon!!!
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Wow - sorry to hear about your cymbals.
    That's three "stresses" there:
    1) losing the cymbals
    2) moving is always a stress
    3) having to deal with a new place that you may not be happy with.

I hope all turns out okay and you get your money soon.

The bright side is that it's kind of fun shopping for new cymbals (can be a little stressful too - in a good way - lol).

Cheers mate!

All the best to you.

User Info Menu

I've had cymbals stolen before out of my car. This was in broad daylight and I was only gone for 5 minutes. Yea, it's not fun because you get attached to them. They're hard to replace.

User Info Menu

Ringo...I'm and Estimator with a local Atlas Van lines Agency. You may be in for a long wait regarding any claims. If you purchased additional Valuation protection, you are most likely to get about $5. per pound per item unless you declared the cymbals under High Value Inventory. If you didn't purchase any Protection, all the movers are liable for is .60 cents per pound per item as declared by Interstate tariff. I don't mean to burst any bubble here but just be ready for what comes of this. Be certain to follow all the channels open to you...I know that quality cymbals aren't cheap.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

I understand you were moving, but is there any way you can claim the loss on "home insurance"? When I checked into insuring my drums they're covered under my general house insurance. But, on top of that, I took photos and a list of what I have to the insurance people to put with my file. It's a long story, but that's good to do. If you play professionally then it gets expensive to insure them because you have to do that under a separate plan. At least that's how it works here in BC Canada. I know you're in the USA so it may be a lot different there. Just something to think about though.

I feel for you brother. I've been there when it comes to losing instruments/equipment - it's a bad experience. I hope everything works out okay for you.

Kona

User Info Menu

Kona asks a very good question and the answer to that: there is a transfer of liability on household goods from a Home Owners' policy to that of the carrier transporting the merchandise. Insurance is not going to cover any transfer in liability. Don't just take my word for that either...do check with your Agent. Whenever I propose an Estimate, I always encourage the customer to check their policies, knowing what I know. One other thing, for those here who might be contemplating a move, music equipment that many of us have is expensive. Keep sales receipts or some record of value. You can purchase additional liability coverage...NOT INSURANCE...but you will have to show documentation to verify the value. This applies to anything you might own that is of High Value: Art Work, Instruments, Jewelery, Antiques etc.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Ringo, cymbals are something that you always carry from place to place yourself. Don't ever trust anyone with them ever! (I'm just messen with you) sorry to hear about your loss I hope the claim goes well.

Larrysperf Guest

Man that hurts. Be nice if you put them in box thats not opened yet

User Info Menu

I actually left a 16" Zildjian A at an audition. It was being held at a lock out. they were shuffling drummers in and about, they had a rental kit and cymbals, Some how I forgot it.. I did not notice until the following week. It was to late at that point.

Oh well live and learn
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Owh Ringo...
    It's sucks....But hey...You got refund....
    Come on buy the new stuff man....
    Alpha are good choice...I own the old alpha and I satisfied enough...
    I know the New Alpha is far better....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash