Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Stole 'Em

User Info Menu

Default I Stole 'Em

I thought that might be an attention grabber - a pastor stealing something!!

I actually did though. I was in Nashville today, and I have been looking at hi-hat cymbals for a while. I had it narrowed down to 14" Sabian Vault, and 13" Sabian HHX Evolution. I decided to stop at GC while I was in Nashville, and I was disappointed that the Vault hi-hats that had been on a kit weren't available today because they had redone their display area. When I talked to the sales guy (who remembered me - that felt good), he said that he had the Vault hi-hat cymbals behind the counter, and that they were on a special blowout sale, because GC wasn't going to carry them anymore. Bottom line, I got the Vault hi-hats for $160 today, and that was a steal! I got such a good deal that I went over to Fork's Drum Closet and bought the 13X6 Mapex Black Panther snare that I had played with about a week and a half ago for $119. I feel sooooo guilty! What a day!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: I Stole 'Em

Nice pb! post pics!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

How did it feel to steal?????

Very cool PB. I guess we won't see too much of you online this weekend!

User Info Menu

wow, good things come to great people,
    way to go.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Andreeew View Post
    Nice pb! post pics!
    I'll try to get them up sometime tomorrow Andreeew. I'll have some time to take the pics then. The Black Panther snare even came in a finish that fits well with the Deep Amber of the Gretsch kit. It's a maple drum with an outer ply of Cherry. Beautiful drum!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: I Stole 'Em

Thou didst not steal them, bro'...you won at "the price is right!" Congratulations, man! I bet you're gonna be rockin' them out ASAP! (Never thought you'd see a in a response from me, would ya!)
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Thou didst not steal them, bro'...you won at "the price is right!" Congratulations, man! I bet you're gonna be rockin' them out ASAP! (Never thought you'd see a in a response from me, would ya!)
    And yet somehow works, doesn't it?

I already got the hats on the kit, and I retired the ZBT hats to finish the set that will go to my son. I also played around with the Black Panther, but I haven't got the tuning that I want yet. I'm still learning the drum.

User Info Menu

Pics Please
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

OK, you talked me into it. I'll brb!

User Info Menu

Excellent PB. I got the teaser in the I WIN thread so came a lookin'!

What an oustanding deal you got.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks Bish.

Here are the new additions to the fam!

This is what the whole kit looks like now:

Here's the new snare with the kit:

User Info Menu

Here are a few more.

Here's the snare up close & personal:

And here's the Sabian Vault hi-hats:

User Info Menu

And here comes the drool. I really like that snare. I'd love to hear the hats. They look great. Now I can go back to the I WIN thread and be right.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Nothing like spending a little "mad money" on a friday eh PB?? I'll have the feeling next week when I go pick up the Pork Pie snare I've been drooling over for the past month. Nice looking set up. Congrats!!

SK
    "A man can NEVER have too many cymbals"

Proudly Playing

Sonor Force 3007 Stage One Piano Black 22X17.5 kick, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 16" toms
    Pork Pie Big Black Snare
    Vater Sticks/Brushes
    Remo Vintage Emperor, Emperor X, and Powerstroke Pro Heads
    Paiste Twenty/2002/Signature Cymbals
    Sonor/DW/Gibraltar Hardware

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sonorkid View Post
    Nothing like spending a little "mad money" on a friday eh PB?? I'll have the feeling next week when I go pick up the Pork Pie snare I've been drooling over for the past month. Nice looking set up. Congrats!!

SK
    You betcha! I've been working hard, and I thought I deserved a treat. I just hadn't counted on the treat being so big, for so little! I'll be looking forward to you posting your new snare pics soon SK!

User Info Menu

Congrats PB!!

Two very nice additions, and that kit is looking like it's ready to make its debut at a large venue soon!

I think that BP is going to sound as SWEET as it looks! Hey now, a BP for PB. Hmmmmm.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    You betcha! I've been working hard, and I thought I deserved a treat. I just hadn't counted on the treat being so big, for so little! I'll be looking forward to you posting your new snare pics soon SK!
    You've been blessed, dude...I can't be envious about that kit...okay, maybe a tiny bit! Rock 'em out!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

PB, your kit is totally amazing! You would make a GREAT head pastor!!! And they must let you have the time to play during mass!! Rock on!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the support, all of you! What I like the most about being here is that everyone offers such wonderful support, even to musician wannabes like me! You guys are awesome!

User Info Menu

ask for forgiveness..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    Two very nice additions, and that kit is looking like it's ready to make its debut at a large venue soon!
    You're probably right Norske, but the dude that sits behind it is more like ready to make his debut at a living room near you!

User Info Menu

Congrats Pb!!!!! You've Made Enormous Growth In The Year I've been Here,,,,,Y'all Have Succeeded In Givin Me The Itch To Buy Again....Thxs To The Accident And Damage To My Fingers & Wrist(cast 3-6 Months)next Logical Choice Is Getting Double Bassdrum Pedals Again......And There Are So Many Choices & Reasons To Pick One Over Another That I Guess Santa Will Have The Final Say,,,,That Way It Works Cuz Ya Cant Be Mad @ Santa !!!!!! OH AND PB BY DA WAY....YOU GO BOY!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

I'm trying to picture the roto-toms and double base pedals in church....wait gimme a sec-the picture isn't quite clear.

User Info Menu

Looking good pb, I love your set up. I noticed in the first pic only your chimes is mic'd
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Hey PB, looks great! Loving the kit!
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site