Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pet Thread...

User Info Menu

Default The Pet Thread...

A tribute to man's best friend. This is the thread where you can post pics and talk about your pets!!

Here is my English Mastiff, Sunny. Best dog I have ever had. Great with the kids, a gentle giant! But she has a little bit of "Scooby-Doo Syndrom", she is easily frightened by stuff in runs through my legs and hides behind me! lol

Edit: I sent Livewire a PM but feel that it warrants a public apology. I did not know or see the thread a week ago that his dog had passed away. If I had known I would not have made this thread. Thanks goes to Bish for pointing out my mistake. Please except my deepest apologies for this. Mods, if you feel it is right then please delete this thread.

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RHD03; 11-10-2008 at 09:18 PM.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Pet Thread...

not enough room on this forum for 'em all....currently 1 horse (and 1 boarded), 2 big house dogs, 3-1yr old barn cats, 1 -20yr old barn cat, 2-11 year old house cats, 1-1yr old house cat (found injured on road, ok now, going to a good home asap....right, sure), 1-2month old house cat (found abandoned, and when OK going to a good home....Right, sure), 1 approx 6 mos. old house cat.....it found us, currently recovering from pneumonia like symptoms and malnourishment....soon going to a good home...right, sure).........2 fishtanks full of fish (some are inside for the winter)....did I mention some of these critters are only temporary....right, sure....lol......did I mention the 2 bird feeders outside...............

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RIFF WRATH View Post
    not enough room on this forum for 'em all....currently 1 horse (and 1 boarded), 2 big house dogs, 3-1yr old barn cats, 1 -20yr old barn cat, 2-11 year old house cats, 1-1yr old house cat (found injured on road, ok now, going to a good home asap....right, sure), 1-2month old house cat (found abandoned, and when OK going to a good home....Right, sure), 1 approx 6 mos. old house cat.....it found us, currently recovering from pneumonia like symptoms and malnourishment....soon going to a good home...right, sure).........2 fishtanks full of fish (some are inside for the winter)....did I mention some of these critters are only temporary....right, sure....lol......did I mention the 2 bird feeders outside...............
    Sounds like a slimmed down Noah's Ark.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Did Sunny eat the other sandal?
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Wow...I would hate to see how much you spend on feeding them all! lol

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

I love pets. I wish I could have them but

a. My son is allergic to pet dander, so a hypoallergenic breed would be required.

b. I will not scoop poop becasue the kid's think it's gross. You kids want the pet, then you scoop the poop.
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post

Did Sunny eat the other sandal?
    LOL, no...but when she was a pup she might have!

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

My friend had a mutt named Harley. She was part rottweiler and part beagle. (Woulda loved to see how THAT happened! )

Harley was a good girl, but she ate things. Like telephones. And a vacuum.

No, I'm not kidding. A vacuum.

Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

My friend had a mutt named Harley. She was part rottweiler and part beagle. (Woulda loved to see how THAT happened! )

That's hilarious!!! When Sunny was a pup she ate shoes, my universal remote and DVDs...right off the movie shelf!

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redheaddrummer03 View Post
    A tribute to man's best friend. This is the thread where you can post pics and talk about your pets!!

Here is my English Mastiff, Sunny. Best dog I have ever had. Great with the kids, a gentle giant! But she has a little bit of "Scooby-Doo Syndrom", she is easily frightened by stuff in runs through my legs and hides behind me! lol
    That is a way cool dog for sure!

Larrysperf Guest

LOL, no...but when she was a pup she might have!
    iS SHE SLEEPIN OR LISTENIN TO YOU PLAY LOLCOULDNT RESIST SORRY

User Info Menu

Hey Riff, what kind of horse do you have?

I had an Arabian. I loved her, but I worked too much. So instead of letting her stand all the time, I sold her to a friend. Here I have pictured a horse that I almost bought, but the time was the deciding issue. He is an American Saddlebred named Red.

Also, my best friend and spiritual uplifter, Buffy. My APBT champion

User Info Menu

Isaac

User Info Menu

Redhead that is a beautiful dog I'm jealous.

This is Shadrach. Hes my best friend, he sleeps in my room under my bed and I talk to him alot. He's a good listener lol.

Just to give you better idea of how big he is heres him laying in a doorway. This is what he does when his water bowl is empty lol.

"You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    iS SHE SLEEPIN OR LISTENIN TO YOU PLAY LOLCOULDNT RESIST SORRY
    Haha, caught her blinking...but good pic of her in my Notre Dame jersey on game day!!

Quote Originally Posted by TURTLINATOR View Post
    Redhead that is a beautiful dog I'm jealous.

This is Shadrach. Hes my best friend, he sleeps in my room under my bed and I talk to him alot. He's a good listener lol.

Just to give you better idea of how big he is heres him laying in a doorway. This is what he does when his water bowl is empty lol.

Thanks man! Had a couple of Labs myself and they are awesome dogs too!!

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

I sent Livewire a PM but feel that it warrants a public apology. I did not know or see the thread a week ago that his dog had passed away. If I had known I would not have made this thread. Thanks goes to Bish for pointing out my mistake. Please except my deepest apologies for this. Mods, if you feel it is right then please delete this thread.

Thank you

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Hey, Red, I don't think it was a mistake. Maybe the timing wasn't right was what my thought was.

It's a great thread and has grown since I last looked.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Hey, Red, I don't think it was a mistake. Maybe the timing wasn't right was what my thought was.

It's a great thread and has grown since I last looked.
    No worries brother, but I know how I would feel if I was in Livewire's shoes.

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

well it's not really mans best friend but it said for the pets... everybody who have ever seen my cat says he is one of the cutest cats they evey seen....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

Edit: I sent Livewire a PM but feel that it warrants a public apology. I did not know or see the thread a week ago that his dog had passed away. If I had known I would not have made this thread. Thanks goes to Bish for pointing out my mistake. Please except my deepest apologies for this. Mods, if you feel it is right then please delete this thread.

Thank you
    I think he'll be ok man. Nice to know that you're caring though. It speaks for your character.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: The Pet Thread...

Dustbuster? Oreck XL? Hoover? (Dude, if she ate a Shop-Vac , I wouldn't get anywhere near her!!!)

We have two cats who own us, not the other way around...a gray spayed female Garfield named Spectra, and a little black-and-white neutered tom kitten (9 months old) named Franklin. Franklin was rescued with his brother when they were abandoned outside the emergency veterinarian clinic where my younger daughter works...the other kitten died, but Missy (the daughter) literally was a mama cat to Franklin. He's a lively little pain in the but he's mellowing out.

Spectra (yeah, named for the Kia!) was rescued from an animal shelter and used as a practice animal (humanely) for the veterinary technicians class at the college where she's studying...she is a bit cross-eyed, but she's a very loving and very quiet cat (hence the female Garfield description)...don't have a pic of Spectra, but I'll show Frankie in my album...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Now I want a dog :(
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Thank you
    hey rhd. no problems at all. It really is very thoughtfull of you to consider my feelings as you have but it really is ok. And as Bish pointed out it was not a mistake and it really is a cool thread. When I saw the thread it made me think of how much i missed her but i have been feeling that way regardless. I love animals, so it is great to see everyone elses. As drummer pointed out this shows alot about your character and thanks again for your thoughts.

By the way, really cute dog you got there and I love that pic of the toddler hugging her. They really do become part of the family hey..
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

once again the people in this place go to show us what a fantastic site this is, respect to you redhead and livewire.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

I love pets. I wish I could have them but

a. My son is allergic to pet dander, so a hypoallergenic breed would be required.

b. I will not scoop poop becasue the kid's think it's gross. You kids want the pet, then you scoop the poop.
    try some goldfish......not too much pet dander and its fairly easy to scoop poop .