Thread: What I Did This Weekend

User Info Menu

Default What I Did This Weekend

My band One Step Behind (a tribute to British Ska legends "Madness")
    played at the Hemsby 2008 scooter rally. For those who dont know, a scooter rally is where lots of Mods, Skins, scooterist drive there bikes to seaside towns and get drunk & dance for a couple of days. (see The Who's classic film "Quadropenia" though nowadays there is no fighting!!!) The Hembsy one is one of the biggest in Britain & were the main headline band of the weekend.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N1JlYFWXKs0

The band kicks in after about 55 seconds. Sound is ok but not as good as it sounded on the night! Fortunately you cant really see me!
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Default Re: What I Did This Weekend

Sounds pretty cool though!! Congrats on an awesome gig!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

SOunding really good up there Dustin and the crowd was really into it too which is great to see. Looks like you guys had a great night
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Very cool. Whoever shot that video did a great job.

User Info Menu

sweet gi ,.looks like it was a blast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    My band One Step Behind (a tribute to British Ska legends "Madness")
    played at the Hemsby 2008 scooter rally. For those who dont know, a scooter rally is where lots of Mods, Skins, scooterist drive there bikes to seaside towns and get drunk & dance for a couple of days. (see The Who's classic film "Quadropenia" though nowadays there is no fighting!!!) The Hembsy one is one of the biggest in Britain & were the main headline band of the weekend.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N1JlYFWXKs0

The band kicks in after about 55 seconds. Sound is ok but not as good as it sounded on the night! Fortunately you cant really see me!
    HOLA como estas Mi amigo DUSTIN CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN MINDED DRUMMER aRTIST(CAT) from the LAND OF KNIGHTS AND HONOR *
    Amigo THAT IS EXCEELENTE ANd was EXCELLENTE' Great CROWD *IT really reminds of alot OF GIGS I did for THE VFW *EVENTS always loved PERFORMING fro ALL THE SERVICE CATS VFW*AND I also did USO TOURS *all FANTASTIC GRACIAS amigo You sounde GREAT AS ALWAYS and Love your LEAD SINGER in fact that CAT has Great SPARK*SHINE and you within your own unique Cretive STYLE ARTISTRY SHINE & compliment the whole GROUP
    as you all Compliment each others ARTISTRY AND FEED FROM the HIGH ENERGY of The CROWD EXCELLENTE amigo GRACIAS