Thread: Help, Where to find tabs? `

User Info Menu

Default Help, Where to find tabs? `

So im fairly new to druming and completly new to the site and would like to start playing songs but i still have trouble learning songs by ear.

So my question is where can i find drum tabs?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help, Where to find tabs? `

I know how it may seem like tabs will help, but it will just make things harder. You've got to learn how to learn by ear. Start with simple songs first that only have 1 or 2 short fillls, a good one is "Sorry" by Buckcherry. It was the first song i learned to play. Eventaully, as you get better and you are more used to listening to the drums in songs, you will be able to learn more complex songs.
    You cant find tabs anywhere anyway...

Larrysperf Guest

Get some Turn it up Lay it down tapes as they are very good for the new drummer & you can learn a lot from playing along with them

User Info Menu

well i have guitar pro and some of the song files include drum tabs too, but i do think it DOES make things much harder like anthem said so i dont use them

User Info Menu

Drum Tabs are tempting but you'll find yourself inevitably frustrated. Learn real music notation. It takes a little longer but it will pay off.

User Info Menu

Tabs are awful for drums. You lose all sense of feel and association with the instrument. Notation is better, but learning from ear is probably the most efficient, once you train it up.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

911tabs.com they have any tab you could ever want. i started learning with listening to songs and reading tabs. even tho its frowned upon by some, it worked out fine for me. i can see why people say its bad, i mean you need to develope your own style and learn to play whatever comes to mind. but learning basic songs and such can help you get a few basic beats down and you can expand from there. good luck man!

User Info Menu

also try learning some songs by the strokes, thats who istarted out with. most of their songs have basic beats

User Info Menu

Yeah, but The Strokes are so easy that they demand to be learned from ear! :s
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...