Thread: Double Bass

User Info Menu

Default Double Bass

hey guys, just thought i'd open up a new thread on double bassing. what your favorite way to play, heel-up , heel-down, or heel-toe, what type of pedals etc... any way submit posts. i've got DW9000'S and play heel up and heel toe
    GOD + Me= Awsome Drummer!

User Info Menu

I play heel-down I think its easier
    LARS

User Info Menu

I play heel down for slower bass patterns and heel-up when i'm doing a lot of fast doubles or triples.
    "Music is always an experiment."

User Info Menu

Same here!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

I play heel up most of the time, but occasionally do the "heel toe" thing to get ridiculous amounts of licks in, lol. I have 2 DW 5000 double pedals...an older one on my practice kit, and a 5000 Delta II on my DW kit.

User Info Menu

im not too good at the whole heel-toe thing. i can do it, but not really fast cuz i almost never pracetice it. I probably should. I really like Heel up, because heel down is actually slower for me, and its quiter. I use Pearl Powershifters, and i freakin love em. theyre fast as hell, and are extremly durable. only $150, too!
    TAMA//VIC FIRTH//EVANS//ZILDJIAN//SABIAN

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!1!11!!1!

User Info Menu

god i want a double bass pedal so damn much
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Metal-head
    god i want a double bass pedal so damn much
    dude, try out Pearls, instead of ICs. theyre cheaper, more durable, and quicker. Nuthin against Tama, but ive played on ICs, and they were great but I like my Powershifters.

His ICs cost him $300, and my powershifters cost me $150 brand new, and are faster!
    TAMA//VIC FIRTH//EVANS//ZILDJIAN//SABIAN

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!1!11!!1!

User Info Menu

can i get a good db pedal for 70-80 $ ???

User Info Menu

I play Heel-Up,And I use a Tama Iron Cobra Double Pedal...

User Info Menu

I play double bass heel up all the time, when I'm playing not double bass just heel down
    I have a DW 5000 turbo double pedal

User Info Menu

yea i did i tried the heel-toe thing and thought it was uncomfortable but i play mostly heel up but i've learned how to play heel-down too for jazz and blues and acoustic stuff if i have to.....i've got DW 9000s/5000s/7000s
    GOD + Me= Awsome Drummer!

User Info Menu

heel up for me but my feet are almost flat on the pedal rather than inclined at an angle...

User Info Menu

I play heel-toe most of the time, like I play a gravity blast in my blast beats. For single pedal I play heel down and for extremely fast paced drumming I play heel up, don't know why because I know that i could go faster using heel-toe.

User Info Menu

i like the flat foot method. ware you heals up but parralel with the floor. i mostly like it because i have a pair of vintage gibrlter pedals that are rusted to hell and back so there hard to play fast but the flat foot gives me more power and makes my legs more comphy.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

heal-up but i do heal down now, im still getting comfortable with heal down.