Thread: High school band

User Info Menu

Default High school band

Hey long time no see ive been too busy with school and out door drumline...but FOOTBALL IS OVER!!! yay so me and a few friends are going to start a band and currently we have a guitarist a singer and me the drummer. After christmas we might get a bassist two more guitarist one of which who might also sing and another person on keyboard. I hope they all join (the keys and the two other guitarist will be beginners) but I think only the bassist and one guitarist will join since they keyboardist and the guitarist that also wants to sing haven't gotten their instruments but are hoping for them for xmas but with the economy as crappy as it is were all not expecting a lot for christmas. but none the less im excited to start a real band since ive only had a "band" experience when me and a few friends jam (these friends though are already in a band) about twice a month.

We will be a rock/metal band and we dont have a name yet so currently were going by as "The Chicken Nuggets"

User Info Menu

Default Re: High school band

soubnds like you are at the beginning of a long and wonderful journey...got for it and enjoy!!
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

theres just something about a metal band named chicken nugget that doesnt set well with me........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    theres just something about a metal band named chicken nugget that doesnt set well with me........
    have you had a bad experience with McDonalds and Metal?
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    have you had a bad experience with McDonalds and Metal?

McDonalds is fine, but I havn't had a pleasant experience with Metal since the late 80's.

User Info Menu

The best name would be the McNuggets.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beetbox View Post
    Hey long time no see ive been too busy with school and out door drumline...but FOOTBALL IS OVER!!! yay so me and a few friends are going to start a band and currently we have a guitarist a singer and me the drummer. After christmas we might get a bassist two more guitarist one of which who might also sing and another person on keyboard. I hope they all join (the keys and the two other guitarist will be beginners) but I think only the bassist and one guitarist will join since they keyboardist and the guitarist that also wants to sing haven't gotten their instruments but are hoping for them for xmas but with the economy as crappy as it is were all not expecting a lot for christmas. but none the less im excited to start a real band since ive only had a "band" experience when me and a few friends jam (these friends though are already in a band) about twice a month.

We will be a rock/metal band and we dont have a name yet so currently were going by as "The Chicken Nuggets"
    i know wat thats like, im in a high school band myself, but all we got is drummer singer guitar and bass, but thats all led zeppelin had, and look at them. . . we are calling ourselves the dedly red spiders but considering shortining the name to just dedly red

User Info Menu

When I was in college, I worked for McDonalds. It was a place to eat for me. I remember once, a guy came to the register with a McNugget. It had a feather in it. The look on his face was priceless!

Beetbox, sounds like a really cool band. I hope everyone stays focused and works together! It will be FUN! Sounds like you should get a female singer, if they are attractive, you will get a good fanbase!!!! I was young once!