Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mapex pro m - drum reviews

User Info Menu

Default mapex pro m - drum reviews

theres probably alot of post of these kits but im really drooling over the 7 peice with black panther snare mayb in tobbaco burst or caremel fade................so wat do u guys think

User Info Menu

Default Re: mapex pro m

xx4door, Mapex makes a very solid kit, and the Pro M is very well respected.
    They also have a great selection of finishes. I think you're on the right track here.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    xx4door, Mapex makes a very solid kit, and the Pro M is very well respected.
    They also have a great selection of finishes. I think you're on the right track here.
    And this coming from a Gretsch man!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xx4door View Post
    theres probably alot of post of these kits but im really drooling over the 7 peice with black panther snare mayb in tobbaco burst or caremel fade................so wat do u guys think
    I am also a Gretsch man.. Love their drums..but I hafta say that Mapex should not go un checked! I own a M Birch kit and it's probably the nicest built and best sounding kit I have owned at any price! I urge you to check out the pro M.! but if you can..compare them (build..take off a head and look at edges and shell interiors) with others in the same price point. The fact that Mapex is still offering a free side snare with pro M ..and not just any side snare its a Black Panther cherrywood/maple snare plus the added fact that Mapex drums carry a limited lifetime shell warranty?? To this drummer..it's a no brainer! Dont go by what I or anyone else says tho..your eyes and ears will know. Good luck and welcome aboard!! -Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redheaddrummer03 View Post
    And this coming from a Gretsch man!!
    Don't think that I didn't think about it as I was typing! Xx4door seems sold on the Pro M's though, so I didn't want to confuse the point.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Don't think that I didn't think about it as I was typing! Xx4door seems sold on the Pro M's though, so I didn't want to confuse the point.
    LOL! It's all good...but it almost sounded like you were about to sell yourself some Pro Ms!!

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

RHD, I did see a 7 piece Mapex M Birch Studioese set (3 up 2 down) in Honey Amber for $749 at a local shop here in Murfreesboro. The owner and I have become good friends, and he said he'd give me a good trade-in on the Catalinas if I wanted the Mapex. Man, they were beauties, and I thought about it more than a few times, but I kept coming back to the sound of the Gretsch Cats in maple. I just love the sound of my drums. They make my ears happy!

User Info Menu

RHD, I did see a 7 piece Mapex M Birch Studioese set (3 up 2 down) in Honey Amber for $749 at a local shop here in Murfreesboro. The owner and I have become good friends, and he said he'd give me a good trade-in on the Catalinas if I wanted the Mapex. Man, they were beauties, and I thought about it more than a few times, but I kept coming back to the sound of the Gretsch Cats in maple. I just love the sound of my drums. They make my ears happy!
    Wow...gotta make you think though, not a bad price at all!

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

my dad has a pro-m kit 10,12,14 ,22x18kick 14x5.5 snare in Boston Pewter ...its very nice even with stock heads .. they come with the same lugs and 2.3mm power hoops as the Orion's ....they get my thumbs up for a mid range kit..

the only issue is the tom holder and the kick/floor tom legs ...they look cheep (they are cheep) but they work .....and im a sucker for fine detail..

ps if you do decide to get the kit ...try swindle some free mapex hardware and mapex bags with kit....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    my dad has a pro-m kit 10,12,14 ,22x18kick 14x5.5 snare in Boston Pewter ...its very nice even with stock heads .. they come with the same lugs and 2.3mm power hoops as the Orion's ....they get my thumbs up for a mid range kit..

the only issue is the tom holder and the kick/floor tom legs ...they look cheep (they are cheep) but they work .....and im a sucker for fine detail..

ps if you do decide to get the kit ...try swindle some free mapex hardware and mapex bags with kit....
    Hola como estas Mi amigo ITCHIE CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) within alot of Great awareness(KNOWLEDGE )EXCELLENTE' an very true * Gracias I really Love beyond My own MAPEX SATURNS AMAZING ROJO CALIENTE TAMBORES * Gracias

User Info Menu

I hate to say this PB..and you know I sing the praises of the Cat maples. Great drums..no doubt..I would recommend you stay as far away from the Mapex M Birchs as you can cuz BOY HOWDY them tubs kin SANG! oooowweee! I can hardly spell Gratsh..umm..grinch..er-uhh You get the picture. -Les

User Info Menu

I have the 7 piece pro m and the m birch and they both sound very good. I'd say try both.

User Info Menu

Love my Pro M's more than my wife...just kidding...kinda...

Seriously, these are some solid, great looking and great sounding drums. I haven't had the pleasure of trying out the birches, but the maples are awesome.
    bruarm - Mapex Mafia
    Mapex Pro M fusion kit natural finish
    Zildjians:
    14" K Custom Dark hats
    14" K Heavy Ride
    10" & 12" A fast splashes
    14", 16" & 18" A fast crashes
    Pearl Eliminator double kick
    Pearl free-floater brass snare (the deep one!!)
    not one, but 2 cowbells!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    I hate to say this PB..and you know I sing the praises of the Cat maples. Great drums..no doubt..I would recommend you stay as far away from the Mapex M Birchs as you can cuz BOY HOWDY them tubs kin SANG! oooowweee! I can hardly spell Gratsh..umm..grinch..er-uhh You get the picture. -Les
    The truth is - and I love my Catalinas - that there are a lot of great drums out there right now. It's a good time to be a drummer!

User Info Menu

I love my Pro M's as well, they tune up very nicely with ease, they stay in tune, even after a beating, they have just a beautiful full, warm tone to them, and there bearing edges are flawless, do it man, you will be very happy.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xx4door View Post
    There are a lot of good points in favor of the Pro Ms, and you just hit on one of them. Mapex offers some of the most beautiful finishes available.

They're also excellent quality, and affordable. I think it's a great choice personally.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

This thread is causing me to want to buy a Pro M kit. That's one of the few makes of drums that I never had the opportunity to play. Somebody please say something negative about them, the little man in my head is very convincing.

Dennis

User Info Menu

OK they have single bolt lugs......no wait that's a good thing

User Info Menu

Well let me just say that Mapex is wonderful. I own the M birch and wouldnt trade it for any other kit, unless is was an orion or saturn, but that different.

Mapex has put the best quality products possible out there (not do disrespect any other brands). In knowing that I love my M, the pro M is maple with a hardware upgrade.

If you can, you should go for it.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Or find a good deal on some used Saturns.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Or find a good deal on some used Saturns.
    HOLA como estas Mi amigo BISH CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) secret008 druumer spy (CAT) ANCIENT WISE OLD BIRD**CAT* FORSUE EXCELLENTE ADVICE **gracias

User Info Menu

Pro M, M Birch...??? You will NOT be disappointed!!!!! -Les

User Info Menu

Default Re: mapex pro m - drum reviews

A very old thread I know but, I have just bought a Pro M in Caramel Fade In the middle of restoring it.

fullsizeoutput_1300 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Pro M Rock Kit in Cherry Fade that I restored in January

9Y0A7065 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    9Y0A7068 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Latest acquisition for restoration. A rather tired Pro M in rare Boston Pewter Fade.

IMG_1153 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    IMG_1150 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    IMG_1154 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    The Varukers.