Thread: Roland Handsonic

User Info Menu

Default Roland Handsonic

Wondering if anyone uses one of these? I'm particularly interested in the newer 10 pad version. Any feedback or reviews would be much appreciated.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland Handsonic

I have one and love it. The pads are pressure and position sensitive so that it plays VERY similar to a hand drum. It has over 400 drum sounds and keep in mind that you can tweak, tune and effect them in anyway you want. This allows you to create more sounds if you like. there r 64 kits that you can use or reprogram however you like. It has midi in and out capability. It has great sounding kit drums. It has dual zone trigger input. Stereo or mono out. stereo mix in. I use mine as an addition to my kit. I have a kit programed with nothing but snare drums. Kinda like an octapad but dont whack it with a stick! Its very versatile and if you want to get really fancy you could trigger a kit and use rolands trigger to midi converter to do a full eletric hybrid if you wanted. Just all in all a great module (especially for the price). Just another great Roland product. Props to my wife and the great team at a certain well known Nashville drum shop for a great gift. If you have any other questions about it just let me know.