Thread: Which Chimes do you recommend?

User Info Menu

Post Which Chimes do you recommend?

hey Guys, and dolls ofcourse!

I'm looking to add some chimes to my drums. I only don't have really a good idea about the better brands in chimes, which ones sound nice and which one surely not to go with because they break, or are trashed within a year. Any chime users here, or anybody with a good opinion, please gimme some information. Local Musicstores don't have them, so I need to order the one I go with.
    • Crush Limited Reserve Wenge
    • DW Collectors
    • Sakae Pac-D
    • Roland TD-9
    • Zildjian K/A Cymbals
    • Crush, DW, Pork Pie, Trick Snares
    • MAY Sennheiser, Audio Technica Internal Mics
    • Gibraltar 9600 hardware
    • Protection Racket/RoadRunner Touring cases

User Info Menu

Default Re: Which Chimes do you recommend?

I've used LP in the past and they sounded great. Treeworks are pretty awesome as well.

User Info Menu

I bought a set of used CB percussion chimes for our church and they sound good have been holding up really well. not a whole lot that can go wrong with them, you would have to really abuse a set to break them.
    Last edited by Church Drummer; 11-20-2008 at 08:53 PM.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

PD, I'm not sure what type of chimes you're looking to get (windchime, or row of chimes), but I have the Treeworks single row of 35 chimes. I love the sound. I would just suggest that you make sure the chimes are solid bars.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

The new Paiste 2002 7 piece cup chime set sounds really sweet, don't know if that's the particular chime you're looking for though.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

C'mon. I really don't need to get chimes, yet. I love the sound of them in certain songs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearldrummer View Post
    hey Guys, and dolls ofcourse!

I'm looking to add some chimes to my drums. I only don't have really a good idea about the better brands in chimes, which ones sound nice and which one surely not to go with because they break, or are trashed within a year. Any chime users here, or anybody with a good opinion, please gimme some information. Local Musicstores don't have them, so I need to order the one I go with.
    HOLA como estas mi amigo PEARLDRUMMER CRETIVE ARTISTIC
    OPEN MINDED DRUMER ARTIST(CAT) within alot of WisDom KNOWLEDGE **

check these out amigo LP LP449 Chimes Bar Stdio Series GRACIAS

User Info Menu

I might be lame, but I use a Roland brain and a couple triggers to add sounds like chimes, shaker, cowbell, etc. to my acoustic kit.

Just a thought.

• 1966 4-piece Ludwig Black Oyster Pearl
    • 2000 8-piece DW Collector's Grey Swirl
    • 2002 8-piece Pearl Masterworks GB Packer Gold
    • 2008 8-piece Tama B&B Lava Glass Glitter
    • Paiste Signature 12, 14, 14, 16, 16, 17, 18, 18, 20, 20, 22
    • Paiste Formula 602 14, 14, 16, 18, 20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I might be lame, but I use a Roland brain and a couple triggers to add sounds like chimes, shaker, cowbell, etc. to my acoustic kit.

Just a thought.
    HOLA COMO ESTAS Mi AMIGO SCOOTER CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) within alot of AWARE-NESS WISDOM KNOWLEDGE THAT Mi AMIGO FORSURE IS NOT LAME BUT VERY CREATIVE within your own unique distinct STYL(ARTISTRY) Excellente amigo GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Scooter, I agree with SWD, a trigger is a great idea for auxhilary stuff. I'm considering getting a kick trigger to simulate cowbell, woodblock, etc while playing congas.

User Info Menu

Gretschhead, Do you the trigger on an acoustic drum in your kit or do you use a separate trigger pad? Just curious how you're doing it. I've thought about adding one of thse multi-pad things with the brain built in for the aux. percussion that you describe, but they are kind of pricey.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Chruch drummer, I don't actually use one yet, I am considering purchasing one though. If I do it will be the seperate trigger pad. I'd really like to get one of the Roland Handsonics to run the kick trigger through, but they are way out of my budget at the moment.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bassist learning drums View Post
    C'mon. I really don't need to get chimes, yet. I love the sound of them in certain songs.
    BLD, I didn't really need mine either, but I couldn't walk through a music store without running my hand over the chimes. I just absolutely loved that sound! I didn't really need the chimes, but I just had to have the chimes! I think there is a subtle difference there if you squint just a little!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

so far the Treeworks and the LP have my attention. Haven't really decided yet. Another good option, with a very good price is the Pearl 32 bar aluminums, but once again, no chance to hear 'em live. Anyway, I'll let you guys know which one is gonna be crowned.
    Keep the info coming.
    • DW Collectors
    • Sakae Pac-D
    • Roland TD-9
    • Zildjian K/A Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearldrummer View Post
    so far the Treeworks and the LP have my attention. Haven't really decided yet. Another good option, with a very good price is the Pearl 32 bar aluminums, but once again, no chance to hear 'em live. Anyway, I'll let you guys know which one is gonna be crowned.
    Keep the info coming.
    HOLA como estas PEARLDRUMMER *CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN
    MINDEDDRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) withinalot of aware-ness KNOWLEDGE*
    VERY AMIGO(( GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    BLD, I didn't really need mine either, but I couldn't walk through a music store without running my hand over the chimes. I just absolutely loved that sound! I didn't really need the chimes, but I just had to have the chimes! I think there is a subtle difference there if you squint just a little!
    HOLA como estas Mi amigoPASTOR_BOB CREATIVE ARTISTIC
    OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) within GREAT AWRE-NESS WISOM KNOWLEDGE * FORSURE *CHIMES HAVE a very MYsticaL**ENCHANTING
    SHINE within all the arrays OF TONES **GRACIAS Loe them **

User Info Menu

Okay, I have to admit, it's all in the name, and king is crowned. I ordered the Pearl 32 bar aluminum Chimes. Can't help it. I'm a sucker for her love!
    • DW Collectors
    • Sakae Pac-D
    • Roland TD-9
    • Zildjian K/A Cymbals