Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drummer Mama!

I don't know...okay practice session, I guess...did I miss something?
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Hey, since she's balancing drumming and motherhood, my hats off to her!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Hey, since she's balancing drumming and motherhood, my hats off to her!
    That was kinda my point in the first place, PB.

I wasn't trying to pass her off as Neil Peart or anything guys.

User Info Menu

Lol!!!
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

I think she stole that solo from Garth in Wayne's World?

User Info Menu

Wow, I wish the behind of every set looked that nice... I mean behind the drumset lol

Muffins? lol
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I LOVE Muffins!!!

User Info Menu

She ain't got nothin' on the chick

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    Are your muffins better????

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bassist learning drums View Post
    Much.......

And when I play the drums it's actually musical. I may not be as fast as she is but at least it sounds musical......What she was playing wasn't music, it was noise.........

User Info Menu

Much.......

And when I play the drums it's actually musical. I may not be as fast as she is but at least it sounds musical......What she was playing wasn't music, it was noise.........
    Very Cool!!! That is why you are here and she is not!

User Info Menu

I thought that she had some good speed, and the kid was cute. I'm not a big metal fan so it's hard for me to judge that type of drumming. For the most part, I would agree with Drum chick it wasn't very musical, but then I find most metal music I've heard not to be very musical (I know there are exceptions, and yes I have heard metal that I like, I'm generalizing here so please no long list of metal that I should listen too, it just isn't my favorite form of music, that's all!! my preference).
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Much.......

Do I hear a twinge of jealousy?????

She was real cute, but I didn't think she was all that great a drummer in that clip. The kid at the end was what made the video. her other vids are better.
    Last edited by CycleDude; 11-21-2008 at 12:06 PM. Reason: I was unclear
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

OK folks, I only posted it in the first place because it was mildly amusing with the kid at the end and all...
    I didn't mean to start a discussion about how bad she sucks or how un-musical metal drummers are.
    What happened to the civility around here anyway? That was one of the things that drew me here in the first place.
    I would be really embarrassed if that lady came through here and saw people slamming her playing; she didn't put the video out on the internet to have people critique her playing, it's just a cute kid vid!

User Info Menu

You are right, Peach.

I thought she was pretty good.

I still want muffins.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by peach_tx View Post
    OK folks, I only posted it in the first place because it was mildly amusing with the kid at the end and all...
    I didn't mean to start a discussion about how bad she sucks or how un-musical metal drummers are.
    What happened to the civility around here anyway? That was one of the things that drew me here in the first place.
    I would be really embarrassed if that lady came through here and saw people slamming her playing; she didn't put the video out on the internet to have people critique her playing, it's just a cute kid vid!
    You are right, Peach.

I thought she was pretty good.

I still want muffins.
    I agree, too. Maybe I was unclear, but I wasn't bashing her. I thought the playing was OK, but the kid is what made the vid. She has other vids, too, that she sounds pretty darn good on.
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

Peach, it wasn't my intent to slam her, or to bash metal drummers. My point was that I personally am not a good judge of the ability of a drummer playing that style of drumming, because it isn't my cup of tea. I also tried to discourge continued debate on that style. I know there are many drummers here who I respect, who play that type of music. She can play a lot faster than I can, and I started my post pointing out that I thought she had good speed.

Personally I think when people post things on the internet, they invite a certain amount of critique. If you read some of the comments on the you tube page some of them were alot less flattering than those stated here.

Your intent may have been that you only intended it to be a cute video about a kid, but the reason for you post was fairly ambivalent in the post itself. Sorry I misinterpreted you reason for posting this. I tried not to say anything drastically critical about the drummer, and my only point about my other comments was to show that I wasn't a particularly good judge of that style of music to begin with. I think you read more into my post than I intended.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by peach_tx View Post

Ok, ok, maybe we were a little harsh. But if she posts anything on there with her on a keytar, she's TOAST! Oh, and you can email her and tell her I said that,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    Do I hear a twinge of jealousy?????

She was real cute, but I didn't think she was all that great a drummer in that clip. The kid at the end was what made the video. her other vids are better.
    Not at all...... She just didn't impress me. If you want to impress me, especially as a female drummer, you have to do something way better than that.

User Info Menu

Not at all...... She just didn't impress me. If you want to impress me, especially as a female drummer, you have to do something way better than that.
    I was just teasin, Sue.

Did you go to the Dennis Chambers clinic last night in Edison?
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

mMMEEEE-YYOOOOWw!!