Thread: looking for koa wrap

User Info Menu

Default looking for koa wrap

Im restoring an a 72 set of rogers and Im trying to find some of the koa colored wrap rogers used back then any help would be appreciated

User Info Menu

Default Re: looking for koa wrap

Quote Originally Posted by montgomeryenergy View Post
    Im restoring an a 72 set of rogers and Im trying to find some of the koa colored wrap rogers used back then any help would be appreciated
    Are you looking for plastic drum wrap that has koa grain/coloring printed on it, or actual koa wood?

ThePloughman Guest

Try Wilsonart. A gloss koa laminate might not be currently produced by anyone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePloughman View Post
    Try Wilsonart. A gloss koa laminate might not be currently produced by anyone.
    I was thinking along those same lines. You also might consider a Koa veneer and then refinish to the gloss that you like. I don't know it that will match or not. Seems to me the koa Rogers that I saw when I was young looked similar to butcher block but I may be talking out of the side of my mouth on that one.

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the replys, the wrap Im trying to find is the shiney koa wrap I think they call it cortex not sure? Rogers may have been the only one to carry it, anyway thanks again Tim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by montgomeryenergy View Post
    Thanks for all the replys, the wrap Im trying to find is the shiney koa wrap I think they call it cortex not sure? Rogers may have been the only one to carry it, anyway thanks again Tim
    I know some drum manufacturers are marketing a Cordia finish. Have you seen that yet?
    Signature here