Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Largest weakness?

User Info Menu

Unhappy Largest weakness?

Whats your biggest weaknesses as drummers?

Ive been playing for 1 and a half years and im a ok drummer in general but my biggest weakness is my fills. They suck.

User Info Menu

Mine is probobly my hi hat by keeping time when i'm on other things(rides, toms, etc.). My strongest point is my bass foot. I can do just about anything with it. I can do really fast triples and doubles.
    "Music is always an experiment."

User Info Menu

weakness whats that?! im perfect!!

no but seriously id have to say my biggest weakness is.....playing...it always has room for improvement...but curently im working on speed
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

my biggest problem is understanding things transcirbed simply, but that also couples with a low I.Q
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

my fills suck a lot and my speed could use a little work but it`s coming along nicely
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

i dont remember what its called, but i cant open/close my hats with a simpl 1-2-3-4 beat, while my right foot plays a more complicated beat. but im more into the DB pedals now, its not often that i work an open hat into a song anymore. i prolly shouold tho...
    TAMA//VIC FIRTH//EVANS//ZILDJIAN//SABIAN

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!1!11!!1!

User Info Menu

i would have to say that my biggest weakness is my sight reading....i can read anything and figure it out, but i can't sight read as fast as a prolly should

User Info Menu

pretty much same as utopia but ive gotten a ltl bit better.. its stil a problem though
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

my biggest weakness in not being able to keep my eyes of my bassists butt when we play (i'm a girl BTW). it gets me all flustered and weird which affects my drum playing. but seriously, i find triplets on the bass drum difficult.

User Info Menu

Default Weakness

1) My left hand when playing jazz.
    2) Brushes
    3) Hating the business of making music

User Info Menu

my weakness is the hat thing also

coordination is tuff but im workin on it :]
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

i have a bass pedal prob....its not strong enough and sometimes extra notes come in in fast songs

any recommendations ??

User Info Menu

play the song slowly and get it just right then speed up

User Info Menu

My biggest weakness is,
    1. putting together a good solo. I can come up with good fills, but not soloing.
    2. I'm not too proficient with my rudiments. Not as much as I should be.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

My biggest weakness right now is that i took almost 2 years off from drumming, and I'm rusty as hell!!
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

1. Odd Time Signatures
    2. Paradiddles/Rudiments (not including rolls)
    3. Soloing

User Info Menu

Fill ruts. I have about 12 to 15 different ones that I use at any one time. New ones come and old one goes. I would like to expand that out more.

Keith

User Info Menu

yeah i find it hard to do heel toe with my doble bass set

User Info Menu

Well, I'm having probs with speed, and my fils.. well, I usually first work things out in Guitar pro or I just write them down, and then I just play them, but on improvising fils I suck...

User Info Menu

The most problems I got is, with some of the hi-hat stuff, and doing some jazz... Besides that speed, and double kick is what I'm working on.

jarhead Guest

i cant go very fast on the bass drum...if i had a double pedal i couldnt go fast evenly..thats my biggest weakness for now

User Info Menu

well, i think my weakness is keeping my drumsticks in my hands, they ususally fly off, hahaha
    DRUMMER CHIKS RULE!!!

User Info Menu

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...... weaknesses, i'd have to say fills, pretty much because I always find myself playing the same fills, but im working on it.

User Info Menu

Hey Leda,

I used to have that problem awhile ago, I think with just practice and not holding the drums sticks too loose or tight well help make that go away. Can't remember what I did too make myself stop doing that.. maybe it's when I hit my singer in the back with a stick :|
    God Bless & Rock On
    Current Set: Yamaha 7pc Maple Custom Abosulte
    Current Cymbals: Zildjian A Custom Cymbals
    Hardware: Yamaha 1100 Series, and DW 5000 Series Kick

User Info Menu

Cool Largest weakness?

Leda, might try some drummer's tape or Drumstick Wax--either should help the flyin' stick problem...

My biggest weakness is sight-reading...you need to sight-read to play outside the "box" of what you memorize!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck