Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Bout some Blues

User Info Menu

Default How Bout some Blues

Here are a few tracks from my new(yet to be named)blues band. Keep in mind the audio is used as reference only and we were not going for quality, but it is not all that bad anyway. Also keep in mind this was only our second time EVER playing together, I am actually very impressed, and love playing in this band, give me some feedback and tell me what you think.

Let me know if anything is wrong with the links.

Some Kind Of Wonderful
    http://media.putfile.com/Some-Kind-of-Wonderful-26

Leave Your Hat On.
    http://media.putfile.com/Leave-Your-Hat-On

Soulshine
    http://media.putfile.com/Soulshine-10
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: How Bout some Blues

I liked your drummimg And I liked your drumming, And then well I liked your drumming just being honestI went back And listened again my true feeling is if not for drummer I wouldnt pay them much attention .sorry but thats just me 3rd song was more to my liking
    Last edited by Larrysperf; 11-24-2008 at 05:03 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    I liked your drummimg And I liked your drumming, And then well I liked your drumming just being honestI went back And listened again my true feeling is if not for drummer I wouldnt pay them much attention .sorry but thats just me
    lol man I can't figure it out, did you like my drumming? Thanks man, but truly they are fantastic musicians, what about them, don't you like?

User Info Menu

I liked it, the only thing I can comment on is the vocals, they need to be turned up a few notches and the background vox down a few. Good stuff bro. It sounds like you guys click really well, maybe it's just me, but it sounds like this is a more comfortable style for you, Kev, and it turns out great.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    I liked it, the only thing I can comment on is the vocals, they need to be turned up a few notches and the background vox down a few. Good stuff bro. It sounds like you guys click really well, maybe it's just me, but it sounds like this is more the style for you, Kev.
    Yea man like I stated this was strictly for reference, we did not record this to actually share, so the recording is far from perfect, just for reference.

Ya know man I was raised on this kind of music, and I truly think it just naturally flows with me, so I really appreciate what you just said. I just love playing it, I am very grateful to be playing with such a great group of guys, they are all very talented, and I am honored to be apart.

Our first show is Dec 31st, should be a blast.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    Yea man like I stated this was strictly for reference, we did not record this to actually share, so the recording is far from perfect, just for reference.

Ya know man I was raised on this kind of music, and I truly think it just naturally flows with me, so I really appreciate what you just said. I just love playing it, I am very grateful to be playing with such a great group of guys, they are all very talented, and I am honored to be apart.

Our first show is Dec 31st, should be a blast.
    I definitely look forward to some vids.
    Also, I just checked out your new recordings with WEC, they sound killer as well, especially Wake Up. It's nice to have a bassist and drummer with Tool influences in a band together, considering those are the two greatest parts of the band aside from Maynard.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

Larrysperf Guest

lol man I can't figure it out, did you like my drumming? Thanks man, but truly they are fantastic musicians, what about them, don't you like?
    No I like your drumming as I have told you before didnt like vocals & lead guitar was just not up to you sorry Ok they can play but still think you are better
    Last edited by Larrysperf; 11-24-2008 at 05:16 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    I definitely look forward to some vids.
    Also, I just checked out your new recordings with WEC, they sound killer as well, especially Wake Up. It's nice to have a bassist and drummer with Tool influences in a band together, considering those are the two greatest parts of the band aside from Maynard.
    Thanks man. Yea man our new bass player is absolutely awesome IMO, he plays very similar to Justin from Tool, but more importantly, he is always locked in with my kick drum, and we just jam so good together, he was a very welcomed addition.
    No I like your drumming as I have told you before didnt like vocals & lead guitar was just not up to you sorry Ok they can play but still think you are better
    Thank you man, I really appreciate it ALOT, and no need to say sorry man, I appreciate your honesty, even if it was telling me I suck.

Larrysperf Guest

Thanks man. Yea man our new bass player is absolutely awesome IMO, he plays very similar to Justin from Tool, but more importantly, he is always locked in with my kick drum, and we just jam so good together, he was a very welcomed addition.

Thank you man, I really appreciate it ALOT, and no need to say sorry man, I appreciate your honesty, even if it was telling me I suck.
    No I meant you are better than them. They are good also just to my ears And taste I felt you were better

User Info Menu

No I meant you are better than them. They are good also just to my ears And taste I felt you were better
    Thanks man, I really appreciate that alot.

I have to say that drum Chat has some of the most amazing people on here, they are so uplifting and inspirational, I just want to say how much I really appreciate you all being honest with me, and making me feel like a great drummer, I seldom think that I am, and to hear some of your remarks, makes me reconsider that, so again THANK YOU.

Larrysperf Guest

Thanks man, I really appreciate that alot.

I have to say that drum Chat has some of the most amazing people on here, they are so uplifting and inspirational, I just want to say how much I really appreciate you all being honest with me, and making me feel like a great drummer, I seldom think that I am, and to hear some of your remarks, makes me reconsider that, so again THANK YOU.
    The best way I can put this is listen to soulshine with your eyes closed And listen to drums, Man felt like I was at woodstock

User Info Menu

The best way I can put this is listen to soulshine with your eyes closed And listen to drums, Man felt like I was at woodstock
    Right on man.

Larrysperf Guest

Still want to hear you play some Peart, Snakes And arrows

User Info Menu

Still want to hear you play some Peart, Snakes And arrows
    Me too lol. I will work on it and see, love the song, actually really like that whole album.

User Info Menu

I loved soulshine and some kinda wonderful. you really played clean, and not too flashy, or too plain. Just right, Kev.

The recording was great, even though it was a quickie. Nice and clear. backing vocals were a little load, but still, excellent job.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

Larrysperf Guest

I use snakes And arrows for warm ups love it

User Info Menu

I use snakes And arrows for warm ups love it
    The whole album or just a certain song?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    I loved soulshine and some kinda wonderful. you really played clean, and not too flashy, or too plain. Just right, Kev.

The recording was great, even though it was a quickie. Nice and clear. backing vocals were a little load, but still, excellent job.
    Thank you man, really appreciate it.

User Info Menu

You're beginning to make me hate my band- great versions of those songs!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkyruss View Post
    You're beginning to make me hate my band- great versions of those songs!
    lol, thanks man.

Larrysperf Guest

How many hats you got lol It sounds better every time I listen
    Last edited by Larrysperf; 11-26-2008 at 12:21 PM.

User Info Menu

How many hats you got lol It sounds better every time I listen
    lol

User Info Menu

Listened to them all, Very good job.
    Sticks
    Gretsch Catalina Maple Fusion (Deep Amber)
    10, 12, 14, 16 Toms 14 Snare 22X18 Bass (Stock heads)
    16 Inch Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    18 Inch Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    10 Inch Paiste PST 3 Splash
    20 Inch Zildjian Ping Ride
    14 Inch Paiste Alpha Medium Hi-Hats

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...35.html?t=8435

User Info Menu

Hey Kevin, I finally got a chance to listen. Great job! You guys sounded great!

BTW, I noticed your thread about not feeling good about your drumming right now. Do you suppose it's because you're playing the Blues?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Hey Kevin, I finally got a chance to listen. Great job! You guys sounded great!

BTW, I noticed your thread about not feeling good about your drumming right now. Do you suppose it's because you're playing the Blues?
    Thanks Bob. Hey maybe thats it, I am just getting in the mode lol.