Thread: Precision Drum Corps Video

User Info Menu

Default Precision Drum Corps Video

Awesome drum corps video:

http://www.biertijd.com/oudbruin/con...hp?article.668

I was never in a drum corps, but they just impress the heck out of me. I could watch guys like this all day long.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Precision Drum Corps Video

Norske...This is the world famous Swiss Drum Line that performed at the Edinburgh Tatoo in Edinburgh, Scotland. You can find several others on You Tube by searching "Edinburgh Tatoo." This is the Scottish equivalent of our American Drum/Bugle Corps Festival. Watching it brought back lots of memories as well. My marching bands were Corps style competive groups and we loved our performances. I wrote quite a few drum feature and parade cadences as well as marching band arrangements. The emotion and energy that is part and parcel to this activity has to be experienced to truly understand it. I was lucky...I instructed small Drum/Bugle Corps lines in DCI. It's fascinating, fun and very, very hard work...8 - 10 hours daily on tour when not performing. Thanks for sharing this with the Forum.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

That is the coolest thing!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Yeah, I think they're awesome!

Thanks Frank, I had no idea - a friend sent me the link. My parents were really big fans of DCI for many years, and I also enjoyed watching them. The Madison Scouts are based less than an hour from here, and there is one from Racine too, but I don't remember what they're called. But I attended several competitions as a spectator over the years. I think it's fantastic entertainment, and that 8-10 hours a day of practice shows.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

I've spent a lot of time in Wisconsin touring the DCI circuit...Camp Randall, Whitewater and Racine. I'm a great fan of the Scouts...their's was the first Drum Line to hit a Perfect Score...1975. The Midwest is famous for its Drum Corps: Phantom Regiment, Madison Scouts, Cavaliers, Colts. As for the Corps from Racine, I want to say they were The Kilties but, that was a long time ago and I'm no longer certain.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

I remember when I first saw a video of them. I was impressed too

User Info Menu

Awesome!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!