Thread: Gretch Catalina club jazz

User Info Menu

Default Gretch Catalina club jazz

I want to buy a Gretch Catalina Club Jazz kit. In my research I only find 4 colors, silver sparkle, white marine pearl, a burnt red pearl, I can't remember the exact name and a natural finish. does anyone know it there is any other finishes offered for 2009?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gretch Catalina club jazz

I can't really help you with the different finishes, but the White Marine Pearl is a very classy looking kit and more importantly, sounds great. That little 18 x 14 bass drum has a big sound for its size.

Dennis

User Info Menu

Most of the drum companies haven't released their 2009 lineups yet.

For 2008 they show Silver Sparkle, White Marine Nitron, Rustic Pearl and Satin Natural as the color choices.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    Most of the drum companies haven't released their 2009 lineups yet.

For 2008 they show Silver Sparkle, White Marine Nitron, Rustic Pearl and Satin Natural as the color choices.
    That is what I read as well, but I have seen a green onyx pearl as well so I was wondering if there are other colors that I am not aware of.

User Info Menu

Come to think of it, I have seen the Cat Clubs in green sparkle and red sparkle as well, on Ebay. I think Gretsch has done some custom wraps for the Cat Clubs for some larger music stores to offer exclusively. Mine are the White Pearl and they just look classy.

The natural woodgrain maple finish is about 100 bucks more.
    And the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw. . .

User Info Menu

My Cats are Silver Sparkle which I understand are not made any more. The Gretsch catalog I saw in '08 doesn't list them. I've seen the White Marine Pearl and Rustic Pearl sets in the stores while I've seen photos of the Satin Natural. RE: the special offers for certain outlets, it's my understanding that they are made in sets of 50 - Vanilla Pearl, Red Sparkle, Green Sparkle and Silver Oyster Pearl. Hope that helps.