Thread: looking for your suggestions..

User Info Menu

Default looking for your suggestions..

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at a couple of secondhand kits. The condition of each of them is pretty good, so I'm asking your opinion of the following kits based on your own experiences/reviews etc...
    Which would you lean towards??

Mapex M series Birch
    Tama Superstar EFX
    PDP F Series

Any help would be appreciated...

User Info Menu

Default Re: looking for your suggestions..

Welcome to Drum Chat Asunder! I'm sure you'll get plenty of input on this.

I would personally have it narrowed down to the Mapex M Birch, or the Tama Superstar EFX kits, as they are of higher quality. Then, I would think about which color I liked best, and then the exact condition of each kit.

BTW, make sure you check the bearing edges of all the drums to make sure they are good. I have seen damaged bearing edges before.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Hey Asunder, Welcome to Drum Chat!!!!

You're going to hear everyone's own personal preference now, mine being Mapex. But I have a lot to back that up. I have owned two M Birch kits, and they are excellent kits! The hardware is extremely sturdy, the drums are manufactured in an ISO9001 factory (the highest level of quality in manufacturing), and they sound fantastic! They also have some of the most stunning finishes on the market. Easy to tune and maintain, and birch provides a lot of punch.

My second choice would be the Tama kit, but I'm just not a big fan of the PDP drums personally. If price is a factor here, and we don't know how many drums you're getting with each kit, or how much hardware, cymbals included, etc. - they are all good kits and I don't think you will be disappointed.

Whichever you choose, make sure to post pics here when you get them! And most importantly, enjoy playing them!!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

great everyone, it's good to know I'm on the right track as far as rough comparisons.. I'm checking them out in the flesh this weekend... wish me luck!!

User Info Menu

All the best Asunder!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!