Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a cymbal without hearing it first

User Info Menu

Default Would you buy a cymbal without hearing it first

How many of you have ever bought a cymbal without hearing it first?

User Info Menu

ive' bought a couple online but they werent great. id much rather buy them in person now
    max

User Info Menu

i did that when i first started out cuz my only criteria was cheep...but now i have to hear it first

User Info Menu

You smartened up Utopia!

User Info Menu

I've never bought cymbals without hearing them first. And I never will, because it's a gamble where the outcome will most likley be negative.
    Who likes Queens of the Stone Age? sorry to change the subject.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    You smartened up Utopia!
    Thanx....i try

User Info Menu

Never. Would you buy a painting without seeing it first? Hey, art is art! Visual or sound.

User Info Menu

oh so true my friend

User Info Menu

Nope, unless I can return it...LOL
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

Never ever ever ever would I buy without hearing it first!

User Info Menu

I have bought 3 of them online and love them...but that's only after i did my homework and saw my favorite drummer using them. After finding a bunch of photos and getting the model number, I then found the cheapest place online. I would have to say, even after getting them, they do sound different than what they do on CD but i still love them. On the other hand, we all know how a sound engineer can mic up a cardboard box and make it sound like an Ayotte drum kit. So you are never going to get an exact match no matter what you do.

User Info Menu

I have only for my practice set at home. for the set I play, I have not. Even the cheaper ZXT line zildjian has out, I went and tried out. I had to order mine special because you could not get them in a music store for the size and weight I wanted. Plus the store I bought them from is a small town store that matched the price of guitar center for me and also is backing them up wether the warrenty does or not. (I know the guy). These will do until I can afford the custom A's
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

I'd rather hear it first...may not fit the sound I'm trying to achieve. And I don't buy anything anyhow without hearing/seeing it in person first unless I've seen it already someplace and know about it...the internet can rip you on shipping anyhow lol.

User Info Menu

I have changed my mind. I would buy a cymbal without hearing it first as long as it costs alot and is new, because then you know however it is pitched, it's going to be quality sound.

User Info Menu

i would buy one becasue after seeing this i looked on ebay for cymbals and guess what... you can buy cymbals in good condition for like $10 and even if its bad you always will have an extra cymbal laying around or you could just sell it for more than you got it for on ebay
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

i wouldnt beacuse cymbals arent as cosistant as one would like and sound can vary from cymbal to cymbal
    MAPEX - ZILDJIAN - VIC FIRTH

User Info Menu

is this some kinda joke lol? it could be made of cardboard or somthing lol! plus it needs to blend with ur hihats and the rest of ur cymbles

User Info Menu

depends on the make / model.....if you know it`s a good make model chances are it`ll sound pretty good ..i bought a meinl headliner 16" rock crash and it sounds flipping amazing .Better than i expected by far and i bought that without hearing it .sabian B8`s i bought without hearing them but knew they would sound awesome (and they do )If you`re gonna spend a few hundred buck on them though i`d go and listen to`em !!

User Info Menu

i've never bought a cymbal online but sabian's website is pretty cool because you can listen to the cymbals. they're recordings i realize they can make them sound better than they might be or worse for that matter, but its still nice to be able to get an idea of what they sound like.

User Info Menu

I got my cymbals through recommendation mostly, i aint really heard one first b4 buying it but i've bn lucky so far

User Info Menu

NEVER bought cymbals w/o listening to 'em first. Thats why I shop at the guitar center, cuz there are drumsets you can play. I love the guitar center
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Talking

Go online and listen to them at Paiste, Zildjian or Sabian websights. I bought a Paiste ride after listening to the mp3 on the websight, and it sounds just like it did online, only LOUDER.

User Info Menu

I bought a cymbal online (a chinese) and when i got it sounded terrible however just a few days ago (after having it for months) i clued in that even mini-chinese cymbals are supposed to go bell down. It doesnt sound amazing but definately considerably better. However i do like to go into a store check the cymbals out and then if i see a better deal for it online ill buy it there. The cymbal websites work well too for sound clips.

User Info Menu

meh..not me..im strict with that stuff if i test it and like it and wanna buy it..im taking that EXACT one i tested or not buying it

User Info Menu

meh..not me..im strict with that stuff if i test it and like it and wanna buy it..im taking that EXACT one i tested or not buying it