Thread: Display Racks

User Info Menu

Default Display Racks

So I've decided that I honestly have more snare than I really need. I say this because at most I can manage to squeeze 3 in on a large kit and at most I actually use 2 on one set... and I have like 9 snares...

So, I'd like to build a display rack to hold all the drums I'm not currently using. Could you guys post up pics of what you have and/or give descriptions/ideas for making one? I think it'll be a good winter break project for me when I start cleaning my room...
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Default Re: Display Racks

Hey Mike,

So you're saying cleaning your room isn't the main project??

Most guys I've seen who display their snares just put them on shelves. That's probably the most practical. If it were me, I would maybe build some shelves out of plexiglass and put up some rope lights, so you can see the snares in all their detail under lights, and the plexiglass would allow you to see them all from any angle.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    Most guys I've seen who display their snares just put them on shelves. That's probably the most practical. If it were me, I would maybe build some shelves out of plexiglass and put up some rope lights, so you can see the snares in all their detail under lights, and the plexiglass would allow you to see them all from any angle.
    What an oustanding idea!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Norske
    What an oustanding idea!
    i second that, if i had any spare snares i would do this
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

So you're saying cleaning your room isn't the main project??
    No, I'm not saying that at all. If you saw it you'd agree.

That's actually close to what I was thinking about, maybe with an aluminum frame or posts. I was going to do some calculations and wire up some LEDs for the lighting.

Anyways, here's a pic of a snare that'll never be put in the display rack... because I'll always be playing it!!! 14x6.5" Mapex BP Precious Metal series phosphor bronze. I've always wanted one of these.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Whoa! When did you pick that up? That's got to have some serious punch!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Hey, can I have that?

I have two suggestions for you...

(other than to send me that snare cuz it's a good thing to do)

Buy enough stands for each one and set them up all over the house either to play or as coffee tables/tv tray...whatever.

Or, buy the biggest rack system you can and put them all on their own separate stand.

Then get some spot lights and aim it at the collection. Oh man, post pictures when you finish it. K?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Whoa! When did you pick that up? That's got to have some serious punch!
    Um, I think I woke up early on Saturday or Sunday to win the bid on Ebay. It came in yesterday. The shell is completely bare now... I'll put more pics in another thread when I get it all cleaned up (tons of corrosion) and get some heads for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Hey, can I have that?
    No. Go buy your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I have two suggestions for you...

(other than to send me that snare cuz it's a good thing to do)

Buy enough stands for each one and set them up all over the house either to play or as coffee tables/tv tray...whatever.

Or, buy the biggest rack system you can and put them all on their own separate stand.

Then get some spot lights and aim it at the collection. Oh man, post pictures when you finish it. K?
    Actually, I love both of those ideas and would love to do them both (because I'd have to double my snare collection) but I'd need my own place before I could do it... which will hopefully happen in the next year or so. If/when it happens, you'll see it.