Thread: Noob Help

User Info Menu

Question Noob Help

I'm pretty much new and am wondering what to do for practice/to get better.
    Any ideas on what to/how to practice?
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Noob Help

Rudiments with your hands and feet, to start.

User Info Menu

what bassist learning drums said. one of the best things to do is either buy a drum rudiment book or find a drum teacher to assign you some. after you learn these rudiments start putting them into your basic playing and the possibilities will become endless

User Info Menu

The next logical step after learning rudiments is to apply them to the kit. It's no good knowing them if you can't make them work.
    You know the basic paradiddle? RLRR, LRLL (R = right hand, L = left hand). Check this out.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SFmxgRM-HYM
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog View Post
    The next logical step after learning rudiments is to apply them to the kit. It's no good knowing them if you can't make them work.
    You know the basic paradiddle? RLRR, LRLL (R = right hand, L = left hand). Check this out.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SFmxgRM-HYM
    HOLA como estas Mi amigo ETHEL_THE_FROG CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST(YOUNG-CAT) within GREAT AWARE-NESS WISDOM KNOWLEDGE *EXCELLENTE and THATS A FACT FORSURE**ITS a life time and beyond to MASTER***GRACIAS

User Info Menu

What ever you do make sure you start out slow and ease your way into it , its more important to do it correctly than do it fast . Drumrolls also help to loosen the wrists . Try to keep the tips as close together as possible with out hitting the other stick . Good luck .

User Info Menu

Here is the "what" to practice. A lot of ideas in this article on practicing drums.

User Info Menu

Whatever you do, practice with a metronome. this will help two things, It will help with your timekeeping, without that you have nothing, and you will be able to clearly see your progress.

Also also practice slowly enough to be relaxed all the time. If you practice tense, you will play tense, if you practice relaxed, you'll play relaxed.

Andy

User Info Menu

im new to drumming, and printing drum music from the internet and getting drumming books from the library has helped me to have something to practice. also i try to practice everyday and work on stuff i cant play. like have fun!