Thread: so i started to think seriously about finally

User Info Menu

Default so i started to think seriously about finally

getting a kit!

well i need your help! i dont know much really about whats the best set to begin with.. all i know is that i want a 5 piece, not EXPENSIVE but also not a too cheap one, just the average set! better come with some cymbals because buying them seperately is so damn expensive :(
    oh and some nice double pedal because ive noticed all the big ones (iron cobra eliminator etc) are insanely expensive too

help!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: so i started to think seriously about finally

Don't buy double bass straight away! That's the general consensus around here, anyway. Seriously, stick at single until you learn the basics on it. Then go wild.
    As for kits, check out the Mapex M Birch - great value for money. Yes, I know you have to buy cymbals separately, but it's SO WORTH IT. I've tried to explain this before; the cymbals you get on kits like Pearl Forums aren't actually real, proper cymbals, but mass produced metal sheets that have very little in terms of sound quality in relation to proper cymbals. Rather than go for 'value' and compromise yourself severely, you're better off getting a better kit and spending that little bit more on cymbals.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Hey Hedon,

Expensive and cheap are pretty ambiguous terms. What's expensive to one person is not to another. In order to really be able to give you meaningful advice, we need to know your budget, and what will need to be included. Just a shell pack? Including hardware? Cymbals?

Anything anyone says at this point is just going to confuse and/or frustrate you, especially if people are recommending $800-1000 shell packs, and your budget is $600 for a complete kit.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog View Post
    Don't buy double bass straight away! That's the general consensus around here, anyway. Seriously, stick at single until you learn the basics on it. Then go wild.
    As for kits, check out the Mapex M Birch - great value for money. Yes, I know you have to buy cymbals separately, but it's SO WORTH IT. I've tried to explain this before; the cymbals you get on kits like Pearl Forums aren't actually real, proper cymbals, but mass produced metal sheets that have very little in terms of sound quality in relation to proper cymbals. Rather than go for 'value' and compromise yourself severely, you're better off getting a better kit and spending that little bit more on cymbals.
    thanks!!! now i know not to get the pearl forums because i was seriously thinking about it. so cheap!
    i dont know i love double bass too much i cant give it up!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    Hey Hedon,

Expensive and cheap are pretty ambiguous terms. What's expensive to one person is not to another. In order to really be able to give you meaningful advice, we need to know your budget, and what will need to be included. Just a shell pack? Including hardware? Cymbals?

Anything anyone says at this point is just going to confuse and/or frustrate you, especially if people are recommending $800-1000 shell packs, and your budget is $600 for a complete kit.
    hmmm can i get something good with about 1600$ for the whole thing including double pedal and cymbals?
    and a chair, lol.

User Info Menu

Take a look at a ddrum kit. They have one available with double-bass for about $600. But you'll still need cymbals and you can expect to double the cost of a lesser expensive set when you pop for cymbals.

Buying a decent drumset (which means including hardware and cymbals), you can't go cheap.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hedon- View Post
    getting a kit!

well i need your help! i dont know much really about whats the best set to begin with.. all i know is that i want a 5 piece, not EXPENSIVE but also not a too cheap one, just the average set! better come with some cymbals because buying them seperately is so damn expensive :(
    oh and some nice double pedal because ive noticed all the big ones (iron cobra eliminator etc) are insanely expensive too

help!!
    What youre looking foe is an intermediate set, I suggest trying E-bay especially if you need cymbals too . Try looking for a set with hi-end cymbals and you will be extremely happy for a long time . Good luck .

User Info Menu

tell me what u think!
    ill get mapex m birch or something of that quality, get a ride/crash/hi-hat pack seperately, and wait with the double pedal a bit.
    shouldnt be too expensive :o

User Info Menu

ok now i need you to help me with deals, as im searching to buy some used drums. i found something that looks pretty good to me but i dont really know too much so, some guy is offering-
    sonor full maple 3007 set, claiming its "completely untouched", with "cymbals" (not saying which..) and a double pedal (not saying which). so i sent him a pm asking which cymbals and what double pedal right now thats all i know. he wants for this ~1500$. how does that sound? ill update if he'll answer me

edit: actually i think you can read what company the cymbals are (on the right one), im just not too familiar with the logos
    http://www.yad2.co.il/Yad2/ViewImage...0&SalesCatID=4
    can you? haha
    Last edited by Hedon-; 12-10-2008 at 04:36 PM.