Thread: marlow's theory

User Info Menu

Default marlow's theory

is the name of the band. check out the song rabbit hole... it's actually finished, well pretty much, it was recorded live, as in tracked live.

this is my starclassic kit in that (rabbit hole) song. the other (but you) song i had some deadening probs with my yamaha. who knows what happened with that.

criticism welcomed.

www.myspace.com/marlowstheory

User Info Menu

Default Re: marlow's theory

Sounds good!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

thanks man!

User Info Menu

Nice playing man! I think you guys have a really cool sound!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redheaddrummer03 View Post
    Nice playing man! I think you guys have a really cool sound!
    thanks, it's really a fun genre to play.

User Info Menu

I liked the bands sound too, good stuff .

User Info Menu

Very nice Jesse! I could sit and listen to that all day. Great drumming! You guys have a real nice thing going there!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Marlow's Theory is an incredible name. And Rabbit Hole is an incredible song. Wow, you really have a great band dynamic going on in that song.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

'priciate guys.. we've been playing together for 12 years now. we started when i was 15 and my guitarist was 14.

the band name actually came from our former bass player brandon marlow, as sort of a tribute to him. he joined the peace corps and left us. but then upon research of the name, there was a guy in shakespere's day that was said to have written a lot of the plays shakespere got the credit for... and this theory is the marlow theory... pretty interesting.

again, i really appriciate you guys listening and commenting.

User Info Menu

Sounds like a sort of early at the drive-in with sliding guitars and poppy parts.

Dig it man. props
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

Sounds GREAT, Jesse!! I like the breaks, and for 3 people, you create a lot of space. The harmonies are good, too! Adding you as my myspace friend!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bassist learning drums View Post
    Sounds GREAT, Jesse!! I like the breaks, and for 3 people, you create a lot of space. The harmonies are good, too! Adding you as my myspace friend!

thanks man, i'm telling you , playing with the same guys this long really pays off in tightness. we've developed sort of a musical telepathy.

thanks again.

User Info Menu

tight band, rabbit hole is a cool tune, nice phrasing, you guy's compliment each other very well, good harmonies, great tempo and feel, liked it a lot man, keep em coming.

Is the bass man playing a 5 string on this tune?

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    tight band, rabbit hole is a cool tune, nice phrasing, you guy's compliment each other very well, good harmonies, great tempo and feel, liked it a lot man, keep em coming.

Is the bass man playing a 5 string on this tune?
    thanks man.

the bass is a four string but the guys are tunned a half step down. and if i remember correctly, it might be a fretless on rabbit hole. one thing we did do with the bass and bass drum in this song is, i tuned my kick to his e-string. it was great until we layed a plug in over the kick to get a good thump. our instruments were so similar in pitch and so together that the plug in, in one beat of the song, mistook his bass for my kick. if you listen to the little syncapted section, at the end when we all com back in, there's a beat that shouldn't be there and we didn't catch it till it was over.

we're working some more stuff, i'll try to link it here if i can. i just don't want it on myspace yet, it's very rough.
    www.myspace.com/marlowstheory