Thread: Halfway to Sanity

User Info Menu

Default Halfway to Sanity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9nDBbafybA

My band playing live at a charity concert (at the school I teach at) last spring. Bassist is also a teacher in the school district.

Same band I've been with for over 20 years. Old men playing old school punk

The other videos are live from a small club outside NY from when we were like 22. Can't even see me. I'm going to try to track down some old CBGB's footage from us in the 80's as well.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Halfway to Sanity

Very cool Kaosotis! The kids sure got into it!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Nothing like a bunch of 12 and 13 year olds as an audience, let me tell you! We played for about 300 kids, which isn't the biggest show we've ever done, but they are so positive and enthusiastic. It's awesome.

What's even better is we had kids playing with us. That was one of the few songs where we played alone. Kids played guitar, sang, and my son played drums with us (and guitar and sax). Had a horn section on one song. Very cool. Some of the kids could really sing, too! And we raised $3000 for charity. It's an annual thing.

User Info Menu

No question the $3,000 for charity is the coolest thing, and how great that the kids could learn that doing good for others can be fun!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Hey, that was really great! Go music, good showmanship!

And a charity none the less!

I'm impressed!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

It was a ton of fun teaching the kids.

It was particularly interesting trying to teach kids who sing musical theater stuff how to sing rock and roll!

The lead guitarist/singer had a great time, particularly trying to teach my son to play and do rock poses. Can you say school of rock!

User Info Menu

Hehehehehe YEAH, BABY!
    Signature here