Thread: snare ringing

User Info Menu

Default snare ringing

i made a snare from a 13"x12 tom i had lying around (deep sound by the way)
    but it started ringing i've changed the head, i've even tried an old redneck remedy i know buy wraping the upper and lower rims with duct tape but thats not helping either
    any suggestions?

User Info Menu

Default Re: snare ringing

How do you have the batter head tuned - loose or tight - and how do you have the resonant head tuned in relation to the batter head - tighter, looser, or the same?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

i ordered a snare resonant, but i accidentaly ordered a resonant for the batter i think it'll work for a while but i need to change it to a batter
    for the resonant<the real one> i put just past wrinkle and i made sure they're all even but i put the batter kinda tight

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pl View Post
    i ordered a snare resonant, but i accidentaly ordered a resonant for the batter i think it'll work for a while but i need to change it to a batter
    for the resonant<the real one> i put just past wrinkle and i made sure they're all even but i put the batter kinda tight
    just past wrinkle!!!!!!!!! the reso head?!!!!!!!

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

If it's ringing..answer it!
    seriously..slap yourself upside the noggin for the duct tape. (Been there, done that) Try a chunk of moongel or a damping ring. You said you made this drum from a old tom you had lyiing around? Did you have a snare bed cut into the bottom edge? -Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    If it's ringing..answer it!
    seriously..slap yourself upside the noggin for the duct tape. (Been there, done that) Try a chunk of moongel or a damping ring. You said you made this drum from a old tom you had lyiing around? Did you have a snare bed cut into the bottom edge? -Les
    i cut the bed out my self

User Info Menu

I would try then the moongel or ring. You may also want to consider a drier sounding batter head, like the Evans ST dry.. -Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    I would try then the moongel or ring. You may also want to consider a drier sounding batter head, like the Evans ST dry.. -Les
    i went mess with it ,and took the duct tape off tightened the reso and loosened the batter a little ,it still rings but it isn't as noticable

les by rings you mean one of the remO's? because i have one and it didn't help