Thread: Snare tuning

User Info Menu

Default Snare tuning

hey guys i need some tips on tuning the drums for my line. they sound like garbage and i cant seem to make them better. how do you tune them and keep them tuned?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Snare tuning

Might want to check this link out for starters Zsnare:

Drum Tuning

There are links to lots of drum tuning resources there.

User Info Menu

Oh and welcome to drum chat!

User Info Menu

thanks much!

User Info Menu

Freefloating drums, try cranking them down more. I've seen plenty of lines who's snares sound like garbage simply because the head isn't tight enough. Just because you cant crank the head down anymore iwth a small drumset key, dosn't mean you can't hit it with a big T key. That should help a bit. ONLY IF ITS A FREEFLOATER DRUM WITH A KEVLAR HEAD THOUGH. If you have a traditional drum, you'll either break the head or warp the shell.

If you don't have a big T key, try putting the small drumset key in a set of pliers and using those. It should help. Oh, and some more information about the heads and drums your using could help me a lot more with helpgin you.

User Info Menu

they are yamaha sfz series drums. they are new this year so they still have the crappy factory heads. the top head is kevlar. ive heard that the factory heads that come with them might be reason.

User Info Menu

Oh no, the Yamaha sFZ's come with nice heads, well, not the nicest, they don't feel to good. But they are good heads, remo Falam II's. They feel like a table top, and arnt to nice on the hands, (the whitemax feels 100x better) but they are good heads. Try cranking them way up, thats what my highschool needed, they were marching hollow drums it sounded like, until I cranked the head wayyy down one day, and it sounded beautiful.