Thread: What Can I Use To Practice Drumming To?

User Info Menu

Default What Can I Use To Practice Drumming To?

I see alot of these guys drumming on youtube and some seem to be drumming to song tracks without the drums in them on a game like guitar hero. If this is so, can someone please tell me what equipment(including game console I would need, or, how else I can get popular rock song tracks without the drums and what equipment would be necessary. Any ideas on finding a way to do something along these lines, or better, would be much appreciated!

User Info Menu

Default Re: What Can I Use To Practice Drumming To?

Quote Originally Posted by johnj10mm View Post
    I see alot of these guys drumming on youtube and some seem to be drumming to song tracks without the drums in them on a game like guitar hero. If this is so, can someone please tell me what equipment(including game console I would need, or, how else I can get popular rock song tracks without the drums and what equipment would be necessary. Any ideas on finding a way to do something along these lines, or better, would be much appreciated!
    Don't laugh but I use a $37.00 Wal Mart Kareoke Playing machine. I put in my favorite CD and place the mic back inside my Cajon. I turn up a little reverb echo effect and away I go!
    LP Matador Quinto and Conga w/stands and matching Matador Bongos.

"Middle age is when you still believe you'll feel better in the morning."

User Info Menu

Default Re: What Can I Use To Practice Drumming To?

John, this might help you:

Music Without Drums

All you need is a CD player or DVD player.
    - Tom

See the new Drum Bum Store!

When you shop at Drum Bum or BuyGifts.com, you help with the costs of operating DrumChat.com. Please consider patronizing their fine stores. Whether you need unique music gifts for friends or just want a little something for yourself, Drum Bum is the place!

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!