Thread: where can you get one

jarhead Guest

Question where can you get one

okay. does anybody know where i cuold build and buy a custom dw set,like a website, or do you have to get those at a music store. not that im gettin one, but anytimesoon,but i just want to find someplace. thanx

peace,love,and drums

User Info Menu

I don't know if you can buy drums direct from DW, but I did buy some clothing through them and it was a total pain. They were very disorganized, kept loosing track of the order, and were generally incompetent. I'd think twice before sending their ordering department 5k.

User Info Menu

DW doesnt sell direct, but they have a "build your kit" feature on their website....but I believe you would have to take delivery from your local authorized DW dealer. (I have DWs) www.dwdrums.com
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Oh, and not all music stores carry DWs.....they have to be an authorized dealer to sell DW drums...and there are 2 levels...hardware/pedals dealer, and drums/hardware/pedals dealer.

User Info Menu

ok, i just did a quote for a DW kit...laquer finish, 8", 10", 12". 14", 16" & 18" toms, 22" kick, 5x14" snare.....$6500......just drums. no hardware, or cymbals....so figure about another 4 to 5 thousand for that...(well, thats what I would get, anyway, lol).......so for about 12 grand.

User Info Menu

oh, that was with the 24k gold hardware on the drums too, I forgot, lol

User Info Menu

If you've got 12K just burning a hole in your pocket, you might as well go all out and spend 30K on the Peart 30th anniversary kit! It comes with the 24k gold hardware and paragon cymbals.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

yea..peart win...sorry BTG!..
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

I have no idea why somebody would want to buy a Neil Pert set, because it's not your personal setup, it just doesn't sound right!!!!! Now don't get me wrong here, i know Neil Pert is amazing, but why would you honestly want to buy a kit that you didn't even design?!?! i dont know

Oh ya to build your DW kit you just go to www.dwdrums.com, then to kitbuilder

User Info Menu

hm....I have about 9 grand into the DW kit i have now...whats another 3 thousand? lol

User Info Menu

but i kinda agree with lheb.....as cool as it may seem, I wouldn't want someone else's kit.

User Info Menu

oh, and i saw one at Guitar Center yesterday...i went to get some stuff, and they had 5 DW kits there...one was a 6-piece exotic finish....Red Gum wood, i believe it was...10, 12, 14, 16, 22 kick, snare.....$6000. Again, no hardware or cymbals, just drums. BUT.....that was exotic finish, so I guess that price is "reasonable" lol

User Info Menu

Yea the Guitar Center here has DW Drumsets ranging from $5,400-$9,000...