Thread: Recorded song volume

User Info Menu

Default Recorded song volume

I've noticed when I try to play along with the built in songs in the DTXpress IV, I can barely hear my playing over the song. I've tried adjusting everything I can think of but am not having much luck. If I try to turn the volume up loud enough to hear my drums, the recorded song blows my eardrums out. Anyone else experience this?
    Yamaha DTXpress IV V2

User Info Menu

Default Re: Recorded song volume

the volume of the song/drums can be turned down , its the # on the top right of your contoller, scroll thru with the dial until you reach the # and then step it down to the correct blend, ? also your kit is selectable when choosing different songs to play to, good luck,
    I also use a laptop and an ipod , use the main volume to adjust the drums to the track, and the volume of the device for a perfect blend in that scenario. good luck.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I know about that volume setting. I set it all the way to zero but when I turn up the master volume knob so I can hear my own drum playing, the volume of the recorded songs is so loud it hurts my ears... even though the display says it is set to zero.

Yamaha tech support says that's just the way it is and that there is nothing they can do about it.

Thanks Yamaha.
    Yamaha DTXpress IV V2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1958 View Post
    Yeah, I know about that volume setting. I set it all the way to zero but when I turn up the master volume knob so I can hear my own drum playing, the volume of the recorded songs is so loud it hurts my ears... even though the display says it is set to zero.

Yamaha tech support says that's just the way it is and that there is nothing they can do about it.

Thanks Yamaha.
    Thats wierd, mine does not do that? it is about a year old though and not the newer version like you have!!
    yamaha are full of it, a firmware update would resolve that issue, if enough complaints come in it will be adressed, keep on at them.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

I have never owned a Yamaha DTXpress IV module and could be wrong about this, but I was under the impression that the Version 2 is just a pad upgrade and uses the standard (and only) module offered as DTXpress IV.

User Info Menu

Try using a program like MP3 Gain to turn down your MP3's

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ABCgang View Post
    I have never owned a Yamaha DTXpress IV module and could be wrong about this, but I was under the impression that the Version 2 is just a pad upgrade and uses the standard (and only) module offered as DTXpress IV.
    well something is wrong then cos I have the same module and mine is fine with recorded song levels

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    Try using a program like MP3 Gain to turn down your MP3's
    its his onboard songs that are programmed in the module, they come with drum tracks that you are able to turn off. The kit and the volumes are selectable to each drum song track
    I'm sure he must be missing a step, I will go step thru step with mine tomorrow write it down and post it here.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    its his onboard songs that are programmed in the module, they come with drum tracks that you are able to turn off. The kit and the volumes are selectable to each drum song track
    I'm sure he must be missing a step, I will go step thru step with mine tomorrow write it down and post it here.
    Oh ok.

User Info Menu

Chuck1958,

Check your private message box.

User Info Menu

I just tested mine , this is what I did.
    1. turn on unit [that helps]

2.press song

3.hit left cursor once, [page, black arrow key,] the volume symbol top right of screen should now show a flashing number.

4. turn the big black dial button anti clockwise [the volume symbol shown on the top right of the screen, steps down from 16 to 0

5. with the volume set to zero I hit song again to start the song.

6 turn up my main volume control [all the way up] on the rear to hear the song..... SILENCE!! No song is audibly playing...............[ I have drum sounds when I hit a pads]

No song sounds can be heard playing when the # is set at zero!! if i turn the dial to show #2 on the volume then I get a song playing at low volume. if I turn it up to 16 [yess 16 u guitar hacks] its loudddddddddd

is your brain the dtxpress1v and is it red and silver or do you have the larger black coloured brain?
    Last edited by ratmycue; 12-30-2008 at 06:35 AM.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Sounds odd

User Info Menu

Nope no problem

User Info Menu

maybe get that song to go through another source like a nearby boombox.