Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tazmania Drum Vids

User Info Menu

Default Tazmania Drum Vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz9gfmiG06U

I have only played a year and I was just goofing around. I got so excited I lost control of my stick, this was done about 4 months ago. I have much better control now. I accpet feedback well when offered in a professional manner.
    Last edited by Tazmania; 12-23-2008 at 09:08 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Who, Who's Next - Baba O'Riley

You were a little off tempo, and some of your fills didn't fit. But that's a tuff song to play. I suggest getting a metronome and learning some new fills. Just keep practing!!

I suggest watching this guys cover!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P139o...eature=related
    Last edited by Fredr; 12-23-2008 at 09:09 AM.

User Info Menu

Fred,

Yes, you are spot on but it was sure a fun song to try on the fly. Thanks for the feedback will make sure I put it to use. I am actually looking for a good but not expensive mentronome, any thoughts, I want to play it via headphones or connect to a stereo.

User Info Menu

First flatten those cymbals a bit and loosen them up. They are just waiting to crack.

Work on your timing. your loosing the timing. Good effort though.

User Info Menu

Taz, I hear a beat missing here and there on those fills, and that is what is throwing off the timing. Otherwise, I think you did pretty well, especially considering the frenetic drumming style of Keith Moon. How long have you been playing?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the feedback, I have only played for 1 year. This vid was done 4 months ago, my timing is much better. I did the vid on the fly. I have adjusted my cymbals and also did the same for the toms. I am a full time MAJ in the Army so I do not get to sit with the kit very often but when I do it is a blast. I know, rudiments get them down, I am on it

Again, thanks for the feedback, please keep it coming. I have a few other vids I could use feedback on but I'll wait a few for those.

Johnathan

User Info Menu

Taz, you'll get excellent feedback from the Drum Chat gang. I've only been playing for about 1 3/4 years now, and I have learned a lot just by being here and exchanging thoughts. It's a great place for growth.

BTW, my respect for your service TAZ!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tazmania Drum Vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOrhO...e=channel_page

This vid is about three months after I started to play. This was over a year ago Any way, it was a fun song and I am much better at it now. All and all have fun.
    Last edited by Tazmania; 02-07-2009 at 09:01 PM.

User Info Menu

Cool Taz! I'd really like to see you take another shot at it now.

User Info Menu

That's the cool part of it... You're havin fun! You'll feel yourself becoming more relaxed with time. I too want to THANK YOU for your service!!! We sure appreciate ya!!!!
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz9gfmiG06U

I have only played a year and I was just goofing around. I got so excited I lost control of my stick, this was done about 4 months ago. I have much better control now. I accpet feedback well when offered in a professional manner.
    HOLA como estas Mi amigo TAZMANIA Creative artistic open minded drummer artist (WILD-CAT) within great aware-ness wisdom knowledge**Forsure you have alot of PASSION as you express within your OWN UNIQUE DISTINCT ARTISTRY Gracias amigo ITS A LIFE TIME AND BEYOND TO MASTER AND THE FAN TECHNIQUE is A AMAZING JOURNEY
    so knock your socks off amigo **AND ITS A AMAZING ADVENTUREOUS JOURNEY GRACIAS**
    OH one more THING I want to HEAR AND VISSION JUST YOU PEFORMING A TAMBORES SOLO BY YOUR self **AS solos are another ANCIENT SPIRITUAL ARTISTIC CREATIVE JOURNEY amigo **
    GRACIAS
    Last edited by STICKSWIZZARDDRAGON; 02-08-2009 at 03:19 AM.

User Info Menu

Looks like you love the drums bud, glad to see you have passion.

constructive comments,
    practise to a metronome, also remember your feet are your base!! practise rudiments, single, doubles, paradiddles and triplets to a kick-chick[hats] pattern, rock on your feet and you will be more solid fluid and steady.
    keep at it, you definately have a passion and a drive for the drums.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

are you playing the back beat with the right hand on the snare and the hats with your left?
    are you a lefty?

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Great comments keep in mind this was over a year ago. I am left handed so the hats are with the left and the snare is with the right. I will hit those rudiments bit more, they are a requirement for better play. Please keep the feedback coming as I will post a more updated vid shortly. I have since added and moved my cymbals a bit, adjusted my toms as well.

User Info Menu

Ya, I noticed you were playing open, which is to say a lefty on a right handed kit.

You got in front of the song in places, but that's expected in a new player. Heck I did it when making my video last month and I've been playing for years.

It's tough because when you get really excited about playing you get a baby shot of adrenaline (at least I do!) and then you naturally speed up. It's tough to fight, but so far so good, Taz.

And coming from the son of a Marine, thank you for your service.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

CD,

Thanks for the Hoo Ahh (Army) or U Rah in Marine Speek I am back in the states safer now so I'll pass on your well wishes to those still in the box. I apprecaite your comments on my play. It is fun and I am looking forward to posting my new vid. I am recording is very different then the last two. I am playing with a headset, so the vid cam will only capture my drums, then I will use Media Maker and over lay my track to the song I playing to. This will improve the sound quality a bit.

User Info Menu

Taz,
    Haven't had a chance to watch your vid, yet, but I will. Just wanted to echo the thanks for your service. I am prior service (SGT, USA), but was out before all this stuff started up. However, I have friends and family that have been there and back and there and back, etc.
    Anyway, I know there are plenty of people who appreciate the sacrifice made by our service men and women and their families and we will always support you. Too bad there isn't a smiley with a salute on here. I guess this will have to do until they get one.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Thank you and we apprecaite the support. I am home and out for the box but the Hoo Ahh is accepted on behalf of all who are still in the box, those who never returned, and those whom have.

Thank you for your service as well

User Info Menu

Thank you and we apprecaite the support. I am home and out for the box but the Hoo Ahh is accepted on behalf of all who are still in the box, those who never returned, and those whom have.

Thank you for your service as well
    what is this box to which you refer?

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

LoL the Box means Area of Operations, Iraq, Afghanistan, other areas part of the GWOT i.e. Operation Eduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom OEF/OIF.

Sorry, I should have explained that better.

User Info Menu

LoL the Box means Area of Operations, Iraq, Afghanistan, other areas part of the GWOT i.e. Operation Eduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom OEF/OIF.

Sorry, I should have explained that better.
    cool. sounds scary. glad you are safe bud.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Just want yo let you all know I have a kitchen pass all next week so I plan to make a few new vids

User Info Menu

I can't really add much to what the other folks have said. Just keep at it bro. Play as much as you can. I know time is sparse but even if it's a few minutes to practice it will make you better in the long run.
    What I try to do when learning a specific song is listen to it A LOT for about 2 weeks or so until it is burned into my head. Then spend time just going over and over the song on the kit. Works well 98% of the time. Just keep having fun that is the main thing.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Good job Taz. No need to repeat whats already been said about timing. Your braver than I am. I've been playing since May of 08 but don't have the courage to post a vid yet even though I play in church every sunday. Theres not alot of people with Drum knowledge there...lol. Anyway thatnk you for your service to this great country we live in.
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

TD, there are indeed a lot of knowledgeable drummers here, and yet Drum Chat is definitely different from all the other drum forums. We are a supportive community, so we don't ever rip people's videos. The truth is that if I think I'm better than someone else, and rip their video, then there will be someone better than me that can rip mine. We don't get into that. We recognize that there is positve in every video, and we prefer to encourage each other to progress.

What I am saying is that you should feel free to post away TD!