Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Vocalist Corner

User Info Menu

Default Re: Karaoke Corner

Don't believe her. I think we should all band together and demand that DC sing for us!

User Info Menu

Ok, let's change this up. If you are in a band, post you and your band here and if you sing then that is even better. The idea of this thread is to show that there are drummers out there who can sing. Have some fun here, take a chance, no one is going to rip into you. This site is above bar and would not lower itself to such comments.

I took a chance and had some fun so I am sure there is someone better our there that can belt a good tune. If i could change the title of this thread I would make it:

Drummers with other talents, gutar, keyboards, vocals etc... I think my title narrows the intent. Any Mod who can make the title better please do so

User Info Menu

Get Stickswizzardragon on here. He'll sing a song play piano and tap dance too!

all the best...

User Info Menu

LoL will have to give that a try.

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Vocalist Corner

Folks I askd the newest Super Mod to change the title for me and he did The idea of this thread is for volcalist to post their stuff so now we can have a wider range of posts. I will post another vid here soon myself so get your earplugs ready

User Info Menu

I sing, not well, but I sing!

User Info Menu

I once went into a BBC recording studio, and sang for ten minutes. As a result, the powers that be offered me a 5 year contract. Unfortunately, it was for interference
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    www.myspace.com/video/rid/110115140
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"
    Mapex Black Panther Sledgehammer 14"x6.5

Sabian AAX Cymbals

In Support of Leighs Record attempt
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

LoL That was a good one

User Info Menu

Taz, I just watched the "Behind Blue Eyes" clip. Nicely done!

I sing, but if I have any clips of it, I am playing bass and not percussion. I do have .wma audio files of a recital I did 7 years ago. My singing is usually Southern gospel or art music. I am a mezzo-soprano. I'd really love to take some voice lessons just to see where my voice is at now that I am vocally mature vs. how it was when I was in my young 20s.

User Info Menu

Thanks, go ahead and post here. People are real good about offering constructive feedback. Not like youtube where a trash mouth can talk smack and not back it up. Your genre is great and many will appreciate it here.

User Info Menu

http://www.clipser.com/watch_video/1280705

http://www.clipser.com/watch_video/1280686

Ok my vocal vids are now back up. Hope others post vocals too, i know there are drummers here who sing as well

User Info Menu

Got a call yesterday about voice lessons, but I don't think I'll be taking them from the person. Partly, I'm just busy, and secondly, she's not qualified to teach a student at my level. I should have used some sense and asked through the university professors. Oh, well. Live and learn.

User Info Menu

Aik: You are likly far better then I am, hope you post a vid here of your talent.

User Info Menu

Glad you posted, I think others will enjoy your work. Post more as you like.

User Info Menu

Hey taz any original stuff? do you play other instruments?

User Info Menu

Still waiting on the the Joplin/Wilson/Stefani impersonator AKA Drum Chick!!

User Info Menu

Wow fumbled time. I'm totally impressed. How you get that sound?

all th best...

User Info Menu

FT,

I do play guitar and have not recored my own stuff but may give it a shot. I love doing cover vocals, it is fun. Hope to see more posts here all around. I may just add another one or two myself and who knows, post an original.

User Info Menu

I am curious how many are shy? a little more intimidating to be in front of the stage, You can't find this kinda stuff on certain types of forums. Just a random chat thread. awesome. I willconyinue to post video's here hpoefully we will spark some drive.
    F/T

User Info Menu

Great!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Wow fumbled time. I'm totally impressed. How you get that sound?

all th best...
    I tried to use the camera mic but it was to full of air. So I set up the amp(bought it for 8 dollars at a garage sale last week) and the mic(plus a super stereo chours pedal on the vocals) I did a few test runs for volume sake.

It was fun cause I was relaxed doing it, didn't care about mistakes yous guys are all drummers not critical neckles benders, LOL All for fun
    F/T

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fumbled time View Post
    I am curious how many are shy? a little more intimidating to be in front of the stage,
    F/T
    Me. I can sing while Ive got my kit in frony of me but I could never be a "front man"

User Info Menu

Hey F/T,
    All of the songs were great but, I really like what I could hear of that first one, The View. I know it's an origional but is there any way I could get the words and chords to that. I'd like to see if our guitar player could play it and I could sing it.

I have a decent voice I just don't have anything recorded, I'll see what I can do.
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    Hey F/T,
    All of the songs were great but, I really like what I could hear of that first one, The View. I know it's an origional but is there any way I could get the words and chords to that. I'd like to see if our guitar player could play it and I could sing it.

I have a decent voice I just don't have anything recorded, I'll see what I can do.
    Just like PooL my first game is good the rest slowly decline! LOL!,

User Info Menu

WoW!!!!! Tahe was awesome, great vocals for doing something on the fly, guitar was smooth, entire song I enjoyed.

Suggestion is do a double track, you and the guitar then you on the drums Very nice look forward to more.